SCENE 10 - Sacking Unveiled

SCENE 10 – Sacking Unveiled
By Gamekeeper Fbaff on Saturday, 24 March 2012 at 10:58

This scene follows directly on from Scene 6 – Scaling Ridge

https://www.facebook.com/groups/124545270899171/doc/293401840680179/

The Scouts Draco and Runkle have ascended the once thriving fortified town Ridge and discovered it to be strangely deserted. A choking foul stench of thick black smoke smothers the town.

Bandits of the Blue Rag Gang led by the outlawed Storm priest Kai Tigo are reputedly responsible.

Upon his return from a high-point of the museum tower, Draco discovers his comrade Runkle unconscious at the bottom of the tower stairs. The goblin scout has his dagger drawn but there is no other sign of a battle.

The museum is peaceful. Only the sound of a burbling fountain from the center of the room breaks the silence.

@Runkle:

While you are knocked out, you feel yourself floating up above your body; you can see it down there laying on the floor. You can also see a shaft of sunlight from a high window, falling upon a tiny garden area in the center of the museum. There is a tree and a fountain. It is surprisingly peaceful and you know at once it is a shrine.

Your awareness turns to the many ghosts crowding into the museum. Many of them are in a state of shock because they are only recently deceased. Some of the elder ghosts are calming them. You feel the presence of a few hundred ghosts gathered around on the balconies, watching. You are surprised to see that the newer ghosts look like they did in life, glowing slightly and translucent; while the elder ghosts look like grossly exaggerated charactures of their former selves. Some of them are of profound beauty while others are sinister, shadowy entities, clustering in the corners or skulking along alone. They are of all shapes and sizes.

You see colours of light sprouting from the hearts of some of the brighter ghosts and traveling into each other. You also see some of the elder ghosts appear and disappear with flashes of white light. There are also other things here, spirits that cannot be described as ghosts. They are more difficult for you to see, your attention is drawn to the new ghosts who are generally sad, discussing the manslaughter of the villagers by the Blue Rag Gang. It is certainly a day to be remembered in the history books of Ridge! Others are being reunited with long dead family members and are in a state of wonderment and awe.

A spirit that looks like a very wizened ancient goblin, half your height, floats over to you. Its eyes are blacker than night. “You should not be here!” It says in Goblinspeak. It smiles and your heart feels at peace. Abruptly you are coughing and opening your eyes. Draco is standing over you holding a spluttering torch in one hand and his sword in the other. He looks concerned. You feel dry and are intolerably thirsty.

<ooc> Runkle Gremp gains 1 point in Spirit Lore Special Skill

@Draco:

Your torch flickers and dies. At that moment, Runkle opens his eyes.
LikeCommentShare
Pete Kijek likes this.
Comments
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout

@ Draco
“cough, cough, ugh. I’m so thirsty. And I saw so many amazing thngs!”
24 March 2012 at 16:33 · Unlike · 1
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @ Runkle. “What happened!? i heard sounds of fighting but i see nothing……even less now this damn torch has failed!!” Draco curses and throws the discarded torch away. he then reclaims his backpack and waits for Runkle’s explanation.
24 March 2012 at 17:26 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout

@ Draco
“When that snake knocked me out, I became a spirit or something. I floated up and and could see the spirits of the villagers who killed by the Blue Rag Gang. There had to be hundreds of them! Then a goblin spirit said that I don’t belong there and woke me up.”
24 March 2012 at 17:36 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @ Runkle. “That sounds very strange….but on that note i’m ditching this Blue Rag and two small hessian sacks. lets get you a drink at the fountain and get out of here. i saw a merchant wagon approaching the west gate. think we should do that?” Draco drops the mentioned items.
24 March 2012 at 17:55 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff The Fountain is surrounded by leafy plants and even a few tree’s. It is lit by a shaft of sunlight from a skylight overhead but even so, with all the shutters drawn in this building and the black smoke outside, you cannot see much else. The water is very refreshing. You may restore 4 STAMINA points.
(@Justin; you currently have STAMINA 1).
You do not hear the hissing sounds.
29 March 2012 at 20:26 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco takes a refreshing drink and makes his way to the entrance and on to the west gate.
2 April 2012 at 06:49 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Next to the garden shrine you see a miniature model of Ridge, complete with the buildings and little figurines of people and animals. There is a hand-drawn map on a billboard next to it, and a sign says that copies of this map are available from the shop at the back of the museum.

The landscape of Ridge is unusual. A long, oval shaped hill with steep sides on the West and East, and sloping roads on the North and South leading to a flat surface on the top. It is split in half horizontally by a canyon cutting through the hillside, creating separate north and south plateaus, linked by a bridge in the center. You can see two wooden bridges either side of it on the model.

At ground level, a road on the northern side of the Whitewater river passes through the canyon floor.

The West Gate is at ground level. Your nearest way to access this by road is to travel south and around south-west to the west gate. Alternatively you can make your way to the bridge across the chasm, to the northern plateau. The fastest way would be to descend the Western cliffside. The model does reveal some steps and sloping footpaths which might be traversed – if the model is accurate and up to date.
11 April 2012 at 14:09 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco leaves the museum and travels S, SW, to get to the West gate to meet thr trade caravan.
11 April 2012 at 18:43 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Outside the museum, a strong wind is stirring. After the gloom of the museum the bright light outdoors stings your eyes. After a moment you realize that the layer of thick black smoke has gone. After another moment you realize that it has gone because it is being pulled upward into a towering vortex above your heads. The column stretches high into the sky and is swaying like a tornado anchored at its root. As you move through the village you realize that the root of the tornado is on the North plateau of the village, across the canyon bridge.

Do you still want to head S SW to the merchant caravan?
12 April 2012 at 18:19 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco thinks that this seems a sudden change for a natural event and suspects that magic is involved…. @Runkle “Maybe we should check out this….vortex.The traders must see it also and will probably be heading up to see….or more likely turned the wagon around and beat a hasty retreat.” Draco heads to see this spectacle.
13 April 2012 at 09:27 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Outside of the Museum you make your way cautiously up the central road to an empty market space. At the top end is a ledge where the old bridge used to be. Facing you from the opposite, northern plateau of the village, is a similar ledge. It is wide enough for ox carts to pass. Whatever happened to the ancient bridge?

Down below, the crevasse drops away. It is filled with green plants climbing the walls, tree’s, moss, ferns, flowers, bushes. There are ledges that you can see, some are little foot-paths between the greenery; and directly below you is one of the prettiest water-falls in the whole land, trickling from a tunnel mouth two thirds the way up the cliffside and finding its way into the Whitewater river below.

To your left is the Bathhouse, beneath which a winch mechanism is bringing water up to the top of the plateau in baskets from a great waterwheel below. Both on the far side of the bathhouse, and to your right, there are two wood and chain bridges connecting the plateaus.

There is no sign of anybody on this side of the village, however; you can see across to an open market square mirroring the one you have crossed through. In its center is a big heaped pile of bonfire, from which the smoke vortex spires. Even from this distance you can see that it is made of bodies and anything else that will burn. The fire is literally spiraling into the sky as if it is a living thing, with the smoke following specific channels that wind around each other as it ascends. Golden orange flecks are flying within it, high into the air on twisting columns of heat.

You can hear sounds of panic and shouting of disagreement. There is movement of people on the far side but the heat and smoke and distance make it difficult for you to see exactly what is happening. The sound of a long, steady exhaling is coming from the far market square.
17 April 2012 at 12:54 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff oops: I forgot to mention the old quarry entrance can also be seen directly opposite the waterfall, below the northern cliffside on the road side of the Pass; it is shadowed but even so you can see metal caging bars across its troll-sized mouth.
17 April 2012 at 13:11 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane: Draco makes his way to the bridge near the bath-house and moves stealthily over it to see what is happening.
17 April 2012 at 19:29 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The buildings around you are several stories tall, and like everything in Ridge they are not constructed by hand but are all cast of the same stone as if grown into shape.
The wood and chain bridge is by comparison an afterthought; hand crafted. It is no less solid and barely moves as you cross it to the northern side of the village. To your left, clifftop dwellings. In front of you the road slopes straight down toward a right hand bend near the bottom of the plateau, where it connects with the central road that leads to the North gate. To your right, the open market space is reached through an alleyway. As you make your way toward it, you are horrified to see that the vortex of black smoke is no longer trumpeting out into clouds as it was previously doing; the top end seems to have detached itself from the cloud layer, and is making vast spirals around the sky. The sound of inhaling breath is much louder here.
17 April 2012 at 19:45 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane: “sounds like damn enchantering black arts…..” Draco edges forward……
17 April 2012 at 19:56 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
You peer around the edge of the alley that leads into the northern market square. At the other end of the alley is a pile of armour that you recognize from several nights ago, worn by one of the Knights of Salem. As you watch, you see a figure dressed in a dark blue robe, his hood thrown back. He has short spiky blonde hair and a blue streak painted across his eyes. In one hand he holds a metal bowl, which he is dipping his fingers into and throwing vibrantly glowing blue splashes toward to the bonfire. He is moving anti-clockwise around the fire and is too pre-occupied with what he is doing to have seen you.

You are startled by a commotion to your left. There is another alley further down, also leading to the market and from it are hastening several figures. They see you and ignore you, in a headlong rush downhill. You do make out a blue sash tied around the waist of one of them. Another is carrying a sack that jangles with the sound of metal booty.
17 April 2012 at 20:06 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco keeps to the shadows and tries to observe what is going on in more detail.
17 April 2012 at 23:09 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
You creep closer to the end of the alley, crouching behind the antique and fallen armour of a Knight of Salem. There is a broadsword at your feet.

The blue-robed sorcerer has gone out of your view behind a large bonfire made of corpses, and wagons, furniture, etc. It takes up a lot of space in the center of the market area; heaped upon it is pretty much every inhabitant of Ridge.

There are a several gang members throwing chairs and bodies onto the bonfire or standing at the edges of the village. The heat is fierce, even from the alley mouth.
17 April 2012 at 23:49 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane:@ himself in a low growl “…….sh*t, this is not good…….damn you and your Black Arts sorcerer…” Draco continues to stay well hidden and continues to watch.
18 April 2012 at 06:37 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Test Your Luck…See More
Draco Wolfsbane | Obsidian Portal
Obsidian Portal allows you to create campaign websites for tabletop role-playing games including, but not limited to Dungeons & Dragons™.…
obsidianportal.com|By Ryan Felton and Micah Wedemeyer
21 April 2012 at 22:10 · Like · Remove Preview
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane:
Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: April 22, 2012, 3 a.m.

2d6 → [1,3] = (4)

Draco, hidden in alley shadows, tests his LUCK.
SUCCESS!!!
22 April 2012 at 11:01 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Draco: "Pst!" You look around....See More 22 April 2012 at 21:13 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane: @Mij "You little rogue! i thought you were done in....where have you been? and have you seen all this sorcery?" Draco helps roughly drying Mij with his cloak so he can be dressed quickly. 22 April 2012 at 21:21 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: Mij grins broadly as you pat and rub him dry. It doesn't take long because he is so short. "Damn an' near drownd, did I. Fell in a water wheel and went up and down around that thrice afore... ne'er mind that. Whats this of sorcery? That felon yonder with the smoke demon? Pah, it will blow itself out by morning, you mark my words. I voice to we best beat a hasty retreat as quietly as can be, far away from this sorrowful place. Oh look!" He shows you a broken cord that he has tucked into his belt. "I found my missing magickal girdle. Ye have nay seen my steed in these parts on yer travels?" 22 April 2012 at 21:46 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Mij "Glad i am to find you well enchanter but dont mention that accursed demon to me! Never in my life have i so wanted to kill a thing as i do that flying hell snake......." Draco is getting worked up. "i swear i will rip its wings off......slice its throat out.....grind it,smash it, stomp on its skull!!!........forgive me, it has returned a couple of times and tried to kill me but our last battle i cut its wing and it fell. do you think that killed it??! NO! it somehow recovered enough to fly off again." 22 April 2012 at 21:59 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: Mij is taken aback. He seems shaken, unsure how to react. You can see that he is upset. His face goes through a range of expressions. Finally he swallows hard and in a tight voice, says; "Well, I am sorry it gave you such a hard time. I suppose that we have seen the last of it?" 22 April 2012 at 22:10 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Mij "Here's hoping.....though i doubt it." Draco is calmer now and puts a hand to Mij's shoulder. @Mij"I dont blame you for that creatures attacks." Draco hoists Mij back onto his shoulders. @Mij "you really think we should leave? the others are coming to here and theres no way to warn them. maybe we should stand vigil?" 22 April 2012 at 22:18 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: Mij points up in the air. "Against that thing?" Above you, the top end of the black smoke vortex is twisting downward like a great mouth. The billowing smoke folds into itself, into the darkness of its maw. It is reaching down, at first you thi...See More 22 April 2012 at 22:40 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco weighs it up......Mij “Maybe your right” Draco backtracks from the alley. @Mij “what if we holed up in one of the cliffside dwellings?”
22 April 2012 at 22:50 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Mij replies; “Whatever we do we should do it quick! Look!”
At the far end of the alley, a pair of gauntlets have floated up from the pile of fallen antique armour, holding a visor’d helmet between them. As you watch, horrified, the sections of…See More
22 April 2012 at 23:47 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman ERKI STONESKULL
Erki follow Brantus horse into market square at top of village. Erki look for Erki horse Horse from back of bandits horse.
22 April 2012 at 23:50 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki also watch Bandit following behind and shoot him with arrow if necessary.
22 April 2012 at 23:50 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Through gritted teeth “Damn these dark magics….” Draco continues to back track out of the alley, keeping an eye on the Knight before turning and making for the clifftop dwellings.
23 April 2012 at 18:31 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
The last ex-bandit is not threatening in any way other than he is following you and Brantus toward the market area. As you ride, you see Horse rearing in an alleyway, with two bandits trying to grab hold of him; they are having little success.

“Gee-ar!” growls Brantus, urging his steed forward into the market, and then pulls it to a stop. Your horse grinds to a halt directly behind.

There is a big bonfire in the center of the ovoid space, made of furniture, carts and dead villagers. Its plume of smoke is a writhing mass of black snaking tendrils, cavorting and meshing together, forming a column that stretches high and twists around the sky. Several bandits standing around watching it in shock. The heat is fierce and your eyes sting.

Alleys lead from the market into side streets to the left and right, three on either side. There are stepped tiers of balconies on the buildings. Several have steps leading up to them. There are paintings on the walls explaining the activities to be found through each doorway; mostly they are shops.

Brantus points to the far left-hand end of the market. A large building of a different design to the others. “The Hospice.” He beathes heavily. You see that he has pulled or snapped the arrow from his side whilst riding. “Holy ground. Safe from demons. Healing stones.” With that, the wind priest jabs his ankles into his horses sides, it breaks into a run around the fire and toward the Hospice.
23 April 2012 at 20:28 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Some of the buildings on the West side of the street have narrow alleys between them. The buildings often have stepped tiers for balconies as they ascend. Most of them are at least three levels tall. Mij urges you to stay close to the ravine so that you do not get lost. You run through onto another narrow street, which has similar alleys staggered so there are T-junctions but few crossroads. The route leads to a small courtyard with a tower, on the SW corner of the North plateau. There is an alley on the rhs side of the tower. An alley on the lhs leads to a ledge on the edge of the ravine. The tower’s door is open.
23 April 2012 at 20:42 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Mij “Change of plan.” Draco runs into the tower hoping to stay hidden but gain a view from higher up.
23 April 2012 at 21:27 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The ground floor of the tower is one room with a wooden plank ceiling/floorboards of the first floor. A steep steps/ladder to the right leads to an open hatch above and has a table behind it, next to a wooden bench on the far wall beneath a large window with open shutters. There is another bench on the left wall with kit-bags on it.

As you enter, a slender figure dressed in black, with long red hair and a blue kercheif over her mouth, spins around to face you, leveling a short sword at you. It is Sila Silvercat! the Black Elf thief from Blacksand.
23 April 2012 at 21:49 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree @Draco:
The Black Elf spins on her heel with feline grace, levels a short-sword at your chest. Sila’s eyes sparkle in recognition of Draco Wolfsbane. Quickly she puts her slender finger to her lips, warning him to silence. She tilts her head toward the trapdoor above and lowers her blade.
23 April 2012 at 21:49 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco draws his sword, firmly though silently. He waits for her next action……
23 April 2012 at 21:54 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
You hear speaking from above.

“I didn’t know he is so evil either! I don’t know, Garm. I’m stuck. I don’t know what to do.” It is a young womans voice.

“Do you remember what father taught us?” Definitely a voice you recognize; the captured bandit whose pistol you left in a room somewhere below Ridge.

“Take the money and run.” she replies.

“Not that. Well yeah I guess. Not very helpful up here though, eh.”

“I have to trust my heart, brother. Kai is my boyfriend, ever since…” her voice trails off.

“Ever since before he turned into an evil sorcerer and killed a village full of innocent families.”

Subdued, she says; “Yeah.”

There is a long, drawn out silence.
23 April 2012 at 22:00 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree While the people are talking upstairs, Sila steps forward toward Draco. She presses her lips against his own and sucks a gentle kiss, before stepping quietly backward.
23 April 2012 at 22:04 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff The girls voice breaks the silence. “He protected me. And I went and got the scrolls he required for his studies, all the way from the Great Library in Salamonis. I told you, I thought those spooky knights were following me. And, Garm; Kai says he loves me. He… he can be so tender. I know there is good in him. I know it.”

“Yaz, you know I will stand by your decision. But whatever he is doing out there, is supernatural and it fills me with anxiety. I don’t think he is human any more.”

Sound of sobbing. “Garm I am carrying his child.”

“Oh, Jasmine!” Another silence. “Wipe your eyes.” At the same time, they both say; “Dad used to say, nothing ever looks so bad in the morning.” and they laugh.

“Come on, we should get back out there and see what is happening. I think the worst of it is over.”
23 April 2012 at 22:34 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco is taken aback by Sila’s action but remains focused. @ Sila.“You still siding with the bandits then, Dark Elf?”
23 April 2012 at 23:19 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree @Draco: Whispered softly in Draco’s ear her warm breath tickling his neck “Oh you know me, Wolfsbane. I side with the action.”
23 April 2012 at 23:26 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @ sila “I’m sure…..though matters here have spiralled out of control, or do you condone mass slaughter of villagers? And this sorcerer, Kai was it?, he needs stopping now before he brings destruction down on us all! Are you going to help us or stand by with you ‘boyfriend’ and his sister?”
24 April 2012 at 06:38 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Mij makes an “ahem” noise by clearing his throat.
24 April 2012 at 12:46 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Mij “You remember Silvercat right? Something you wanted to ask her?”
24 April 2012 at 16:50 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila steps back away from Draco to in front of the window.
@Gamekeeper: How safe is it to do Acrobatics out of the window if Sila needs to escape?
I look at Draco and lick my lips. “What will YOU do for ME if I help YOU?”
24 April 2012 at 21:25 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Sila “……….not kill you……..and forget your running out on us. oh, for free, i would suggest you step away from the window unless you want to bring attention to our hiding place……..from an animated suit of knights armour.”
24 April 2012 at 21:38 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Mij makes his throat clearing sound again.

@Sila:…See More
24 April 2012 at 21:38 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Garm “Be silent Bandit, your pistol is beneath Ridge…….feel free to leave and get it.”
24 April 2012 at 21:41 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Garm’s head returns to the opening of the trapdoor. “Thanks. I am.” He climbs down the ladder, then tries to help Yas climb down the ladder but she ‘tuts’ him and does it herself. They pick up their kit bags. “Where exactly did you say my pistol is?”
24 April 2012 at 21:44 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree “Boys you can argue over me later. What are YOU going to do about that wizard, Draco?”
24 April 2012 at 21:44 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Sila "The rest of the group are still coming here and theres no way to warn them, it was my intention to hole up here and try to gain height to see where we could join them and decide what to do with this Kai. Would you have me take him on myself?
24 April 2012 at 21:48 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Garm " I didn’t. Find your own way underground and seek out the store rooms." @Mij “Your rather quiet enchanter, what can you tell us of these Dark Arts we’ve seen?”
24 April 2012 at 21:53 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Mij says; “Pleased to meet you, miss Jasmine.”
She ignores him and says to Garm; “I’m going to see Kai.”
Garm catches her arm. “He asked us not to distract him, he is working. I don’t think it will do any good if you disturb him now.”
She shakes her arm free and pouts sullenly. After a moment she says; “I can’t stand waiting here with all that going on out there. Sila will you come with me? Just to watch?”
Garm: “You can watch from the tower.”
Yas: “It doesn’t feel safe here.”

@Draco:
Garm turns to you and says; “I wouldn’t take Kai on.”
Mij says: “I already mentioned my preferred plan is to run; very far, very soon.”
Garm and Yas both laugh. Yas says; “I like that plan, little man.”
24 April 2012 at 21:56 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila laughs at Mijs plan. “Draco can’t you see what is happening? The demon will be here soon. You can’t fight it. Kai is too powerful. If you want to live, you’re going to have to accept that and either join the winning side, or do as Mij suggests; run, very far and very soon. Nobody has asked you to deal with this. Why do you feel it is your responsibility to stop the inevitable?” She puts her arm around Garms waist. “Right?”
24 April 2012 at 22:01 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco remembers his running away before……so long ago…..if only he……no, that time is passed…..Draco’s heart hardens with resolve. @ Himself “Kill the man to stop the Demon….”
24 April 2012 at 22:03 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
Your copanion Draco, driven as ever, rushes out of the Museum and heads toward the central point of the southern plateau of Ridge, an open area between tall buildings with stepped balconies. It is an empty market area. The buildings are painted with the activities found inside them. They are mostly shops.

You see Draco take a look round from a ledge at the far end and then run over to the left, disappearing between buildings.

Still feeling tired from the unusual experience you had after being attacked and knocked unconscious by a snake, you decide to take your time. The streets are deserted, on the south plateau at least.

The tall plume of smoke from the North plateau is doing something very weird. The top end of it has stopped being a normal smoke plume, and is beginning to swirl its way down like a great big snake. As you watch, you realize that it is somehow alive, and must therefore be the result of some sort of magic.
24 April 2012 at 22:11 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff <ooc> @ Draco: Does Draco say that (“Kill the man stop the demon”) out loud?
24 April 2012 at 22:17 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila maneuvers Garm and puts her other arm around Draco’s waist. “We’ve a pregnant woman to protect. Surely she should be our focus? Brave men both of you are. Dying over a fight with the babies father isn’t going to help anyone. We all need to look ahead.” Sila lets go with both arms. She takes Jasmine’s hand. “I can’t believe its me who is saying this.” Sila takes Jasmine outside (not through the window).
24 April 2012 at 22:24 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> yes, out loud like a muttering!!
24 April 2012 at 22:25 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Yas puts her hand on her belly. In a daydreamy voice she says; “One more demon in the world. Won’t make much of a difference.” She allows Sila to lead her outside.
24 April 2012 at 22:27 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Himself (low voice) “Maybe that unborn is our bargaining chip…..a way to get close to Kai to strike…..”
24 April 2012 at 22:30 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Once the girls have gone, Garm looks at you and raises his eyebrows. He puts his hands on your shoulders and breaks into laughter. Then he looks you square in the eye. In a deadpan voice he asks; “How do we kill this thing?” He drops his hands from your shoulders. “How do we do it without hurting Kai? The guy is possessed, I’m telling you.”
24 April 2012 at 22:31 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: Garm hears you mumbling under your breath. He puts one arm back on your shoulder.
“If you so much as frighten my sister, that demon will be the last of your troubles. Do we have an understanding?”
24 April 2012 at 22:33 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila: Yas takes some deep breaths. She looks up at the sky. The body of a smoke-worm can be seen coiling around overhead. She begins to sob.
24 April 2012 at 22:37 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco shrugs off his hand, pushes him back a pace and looks Garm straight in the eye. @Garm “I dont kill innocent girls…..but if she is carrying a demon-seed, what will others do to her?….we have problems enough here.” Draco goes as high as he can in the tower to look out for any other members of the old group.
24 April 2012 at 22:38 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Garm exhales heavily. “Draco, that’s my sister’s kid, I will die protecting it and her. You would do the same. To protect her, allying with Kai is our best chance. He has gotten a lot more powerful since I last saw him. Too powerful. It has happened too fast. The ritual he is doing out there, I don’t know its purpose. He asked us to trust him. He is a charismatic leader. I think he would understand it if I took Yas away from here. Mij’s plan.”

Mij climbs off your shoulders and sits on a bench. “Yes, yes. Leave it up to Mij to deal with the sorcerer. By the seems of it he is summoning up something. It has taken the energy of all those poor souls to do it. Must be something pretty big. Such a ritual should have eaten a young and inexperienced wizard by now. What I do know is that if we interrupt him now that the gate is open; we don’t know how to close it. If we disturb his summoning, the wrong thing might come through. We need to ask ourselves which outcome we prefer.” Mij absent-mindedly fiddles with his many rings while he is speaking. “I might be wrong. Killing him outright could be the best thing for everyone. We seem to have the option of which risk to take.”

Garm looks at Mij; “Nobody is killing anybody. This town has seen enough bloodshed already. I joined the blue rag gang for riches not for all this…” he falls silent.

The tower is only one story higher than the buildings around it. You watch Kai crossing over the nearest bridge to the southern plateau, followed by a small group of bandits, a mix of orcs, humans and a black-skinned dwarf. Kai is holding a tome open in one hand and what appears to be a metal bowl in the other. He stops at the ledge of the broken bridge, where the smoke-worm’s tip is; at head height. The rest of the thing is swaying in the sky, but its root and its head are perfectly still. The bandits accompanying Kai keep their distance from it. Even from here you can hear Kai shouting obscene magical phrases.
24 April 2012 at 23:22 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
You can also see Sila and Yas in the small courtyard directly below.
24 April 2012 at 23:25 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila to Jasmine: “My advice is Kai has done his bit, you’re on your own from here. He let you down once already by being a scary mad evil freak. If he cared about you he wouldn’t put you through this. Wise up girl. Use him for what he’s worth and then get out before he hurts you. Thats the truth of it. There are other men who will graft for you and be a father to your child. This big drama, what he is doing, thats not romance. You have a responsibility now and nobody else is going to help if you don’t take control.”
24 April 2012 at 23:39 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane: Draco’s mind clears of it’s blackness. @Mij “Your right…..we need to get out of here NOW! We must make straight for the others and try to intercept them before they reach here. Climb up quick and we’ll grab the girl and take her to safety.” @Garm “Your coming with your sister i’m guessing? Let’s go!” Draco goes to the courtyard to tell Sila and Yaz what he has decided to do.
24 April 2012 at 23:40 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila:
Yas replies; “You weasely bitch! You don’t get it do you. Kai is doing all this for me. You don’t stand a chance with him anyway. We have a plan. Everything you see here, is only the beginning. It’s only just beginning. You have no idea at all what you are involved with here. Garm knows you’re only using him for leverage, he’s not stupid. And I’ve had enough of you already. Leave me be.”

@Draco:
Mij says; “You might need to fight. I’ll walk.”
Garm sighs. They both follow you outside.
25 April 2012 at 00:20 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila snorts at Yas and goes to see whats happening in the market square. She moves cautiously not wanting to create attention.
25 April 2012 at 00:33 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila:
In the market you see a huge bonfire. You also see Brantus the storm priest, Erki the barbarian and a blue rag bandit, charging on horseback toward a large building in the south-east corner of the square; the Hospice.
25 April 2012 at 00:42 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Jasmine is alone out here. She is staring up at coils of the black smoke-worm. Garm stands beside her.
“Do you think he knows what he is doing?” she asks her brother.
25 April 2012 at 00:44 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Yas “Where is that damn thief now?….has she seen the others?”
25 April 2012 at 06:43 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
As you come toward the edge of the southern market area near the ledge that Draco was looking over, you hear someone heckle you from your right. “Oi, mate!” says a voice in a dialect of Goblin-tongue. “Come help us wiv this treasure.”
You see a short goblin wearing a blue rag on its arm. The goblin is female and not entirely unattractive smelling. She is dragging a heavy sack toward a small hand-barrow. “Me’ll split it wiv ya. There be enuff in here fer both uv uz.”
25 April 2012 at 09:12 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki follow Brantus into Hospice
25 April 2012 at 09:18 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
The hospice has large open doors; Brantus rides straight into the main room. Inside is a large hexagonal room with high windows all around. It is empty other than two raised altars next to each other in the center of the room. They are two feet above the ground and large enough for a man to lay on. There are elf-runes on them. Doors lead through to ante-chambers on the walls to the left and right of the wall directly opposite the main entrance. The walls have been painted pale blue.

Brantus climbs down off his horse and immediately lays down on one of the altars. You hear him breathing deeply and slowly. He is holding his side where the arrow struck him.

A young bandit lad draws his horse up next to yours. He stares at you nervously.
25 April 2012 at 10:25 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Garm “Damn that Dark Elf!! Garm, lead your sister out of this mess….i will catch up.” @Mij “I’m going after her, you coming?”
26 April 2012 at 20:01 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Mij laughs. “That one is nothing but trouble, Draco. I can see the attraction.” He stops laughing. “Gods be damned with this accursed stature!” He shouts up at the skies, raising and shaking a clenched fist. Then he settles his eyes on the smoke-worm overhead. “Whatever Kai has done to acquire such power, at such a young age…” His voice trails off and he takes a deep breath. “Well I suppose the Trickster has placed us all here where he wants us. Isn’t there a, ah, a thing about the quiet epicenter of a storm? Perhaps the safest place to be right now is as close to Kai Tigo as we can be.”

“I like that plan.” Yas seems quite happy to interject.

“Quite.” continues Mij. “To the center it is then Draco.”

Garm laughs and slowly nods his head. “So do we tell him that we have captured you or that you have captured us?” He asks as the group walk toward the large bonfire courtyard.

As you arrive in the courtyard through the narrow alley where the ghostly armour previously lay, you see that it is deserted. Through a rippling heat-haze you can also see the back end of horses inside the open doorway of the Hospice building directly opposite you. You can also see the ‘head’ of the smoke-worm coming down from the sky and into the ravine over to your right.
26 April 2012 at 20:24 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco takes a quick look, then runs over to the hospice.
26 April 2012 at 20:27 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The rest of the group run behind you. As you cross the wide open space street entrance that turns into the broken ledge of bridge that the village takes its name from, to your right, you see Kai on the ledge opposite, on the other side of the ravine; he is looking into the head of the smoke-worm. He is still holding his book and the bowl. He seems not to notice you at all.

In the Hospice you are faced with the rear end of three horses. One of them has a young bandit with his back to you sitting on it.

@Sila:
Where exactly are you now, please.

@Erki:
Are you still sitting on the horse?

@Runkle:
The goblin beckons you over to help her with the cart full of treasure. You find yourself unable to resist going over to her. It is a while since you were in the company of your own kind. She is mysterious, for she has totally different markings on her to those you recognize. Her lips are pierced with tiny rat-bones. While you prod each others faces in customary goblin exploration, a group of orcs and a human wizard enter the open market area and stand with their backs to you, at the ledge above the ravine. The head of the great smoke-worm is inches away from the wizards face. None of that seems as interesting to you now as the new friend you have made.
“Should we stay and watch?” she asks.
26 April 2012 at 22:02 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila is in the market with the bonfire watching the others go into the Hospice. Then she goes to see Kai on the other side
26 April 2012 at 23:31 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian

Erki copy Brantus, Erki lay on rock
27 April 2012 at 12:09 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman <ooc> Sila: ya ha ha - two prone dudes laying on tables in the room next door and she's missed it tongue emoticon 27 April 2012 at 12:15 · Like Rachel Bree Rachel Bree &lt;ooc> @Gamekeeper: please can we have a list of ALlansian swear words on the forum? There is something specific I would like to say to Joy Freeman at this moment and I have been warned once or twice already about not doing 18 age rate themes in the forum. tongue emoticon 27 April 2012 at 12:18 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff &lt;ooc> Joy Freeman and Rachel Bree: Get a room? 27 April 2012 at 12:20 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila: You will have to cross one of the bridges to reach Kai. As you have already been past the bridge near the tower I am assuming this to be the bridge you are most familiar with and are using to cross the ravine. From your approach you can see Kai holding aloft the metal bowl so that its interior is facing the head of the smoke worm. He drops the book and holds the bowl with both hands, his body shaking with violent vibrations caused by the entity. By the time you come around the corner into the market space, he is pushing forward with all his might, leaning over the chasm while struggling against being pushed back. Abruptly he is thrown several feet backward and lands on the ground by the feet of onlooking orc and human bandits. As this happens; he drops the bowl. 27 April 2012 at 14:43 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane:Brantus “Brantus…..whats happened to you?!…..i think a demon is being conjured….how do we stop this thing?!!”
27 April 2012 at 19:24 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Brantus has his eyes closed and is breathing heavily. There is a fresh bloodstain on his guts at the side. He opens his eyes and they gradually come into focus on you. “Wolfsbane!” He is pleased to see you. “We must stop this evil. This temple is holy ground. Safe here.”

There is a commotion behind you. The horses in here with you trot out of the way further into the hexagonal shaped room. It is painted pale blue and has 3 doors, one on every other wall; the largest of which are the double doors you entered through.

A small group of men and Orcs wearing blue rag gang markings are entering through the doorway of the Hospice. Their weapons are drawn! There are 2 Humans and 2 Orcs, brandishing daggers and swords. Two of them hold back when they see Garm and Jasmine, who are both wearing gang markings. Two of them charge forward and attack!

Orc Attack Score: 12
27 April 2012 at 19:50 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3491683/
27 April 2012 at 19:51 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco engages the nearest enemy. Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: April 27, 2012, 1:52 p.m.
…See More
27 April 2012 at 21:53 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod SUCCESS!!!
27 April 2012 at 21:53 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin <ooc> Back!

Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout
@ Goblin
“Sure, lets stay back and watch.” Runkle points to her blue arm band. “You one of them bandits?”
28 April 2012 at 03:33 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila Silvercat
Sila says “grok yeah” and runs or acrobatics to the bowl and grabs it and runs or acrobats to the other bridge
wot dice rolls must i do ?
28 April 2012 at 20:34 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian:
Erki groans
@Brantus; “Why we lay on slabs?”
29 April 2012 at 16:59 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
Brantus grunts. “These are healing stones. Stay where you are. It will take a while for the power to work.” He lays back down, closes his eyes and concentrates on his breathing.
Around you a fight has broken out between bandits and members of Brantus party. The wind priest seems oblivious to it. You are pleased to see Draco and Mij, surprised to see them with Garm and a young man with short hair.

@Draco:
You whip out your sword and spike it into the Orcs shoulder. It looks surprised and lets out a sound somewhere between a yelp and a roar of anger. You are alerted to see both Garm and the young bandit who was already in here both draw their weapons, although neither engage in combat – yet.

“What’s going on here?” one of the bandits who has entered from the market asks Garm.

“What’s happening out there?” asks Garm in reply.

@Runkle:
“Bandit yeah.” she replies. “Not one o’ them. They black shaman, big boss and him guard. Flim no care for them. Flim find treasures!” She shows you her barrow full of house robbery items. Some of it is of value and some of it is gawdy crap. “Flim look nice in pretty.” says Flim as she pulls a childs dress from the barrow and holds it against herself. Her eyes twinkle as she studies your reaction.

@Sila:
Acrobatics Special Skill test, to cartwheel over to the bowl
www.invisiblecastle.com 2d6 equal or lower than your stat score for Acrobatics (9)
SKILL (8) test to grab the bowl, on 2d6 equal or lower.

By the way; the bowl is hovering at head height with the head end of the smoke-worm holding it in place.

Are you sure you want to do this?
29 April 2012 at 18:30 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout
@ Goblin (Flim?)
“Heh Heh, very nice! Flim is it? Where’d ya get that?”
29 April 2012 at 18:42 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco looks to finnish the Orc…Die roll for Draco Wolfsbane

Rolled on: April 29, 2012, 10:45 a.m.

2d6 → [2,1] = (3) SUCCESS!!!
29 April 2012 at 18:50 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> not sure what is wrong with this site, dice was rolled around 18.45 pm today.
29 April 2012 at 18:56 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
Flim looks very pleased with herself, swinging her hips left and right to show off her snazzy new clothes. “Around and about.” she grins.

You see the black elf Sila Silvercat running into the market square from the same corner that Draco disappeared around earlier.

@Draco:

<ooc> the invisible castle is probably not a uk based site.

<ic>
Orc Attack Score 15
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3494635/

This time you stab the Orc in its other shoulder. It looks pissed off! But it lowers its serrated blade and backs off into the market square.
29 April 2012 at 19:37 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> good point, maybe it is. is there another enemy to engage?
29 April 2012 at 22:05 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout

@ Flim…See More
30 April 2012 at 02:08 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
there are a group of bandit henchmen standing near the ledge, and on the ledge is a sorcerer doing a ritual involving capturing the smoke-worm in a metal bowl. Suddenly he is thrown backward into the bandits. The bowl is held in the air by the smoke-worm. Sila is running toward the bowl.
30 April 2012 at 09:00 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila Silvercat, rogue

sila is HOT!…See More
30 April 2012 at 22:12 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco engages 2nd enemy (orc or human?) Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: April 30, 2012, 2:39 p.m.
…See More
30 April 2012 at 22:40 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
Flim replies: “Flim stay with treasure.” She takes your hand. “I like your pretty clothes too” she touches the armidilo-design armour you are wearing, that Draco retrieved from a giant tree yesterday. …See More
2 May 2012 at 10:55 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian
Erki get up and fight bandits!
2 May 2012 at 11:09 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull
Attack Score 12
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3498697/
CRITICAL HIT!!!! ERKI KICK ASS!!!
2 May 2012 at 11:13 · Like · 1
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
You leap up and with a single punch you knock one of the bandits (a human) to the ground. He flies backward out of the Hospice into the market. Another bandits dodges out of the way before drawing his sword.
2 May 2012 at 11:35 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila Silvercat
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3498702/
9 is success
2 May 2012 at 11:46 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco steps forward to finish the bandit off.
Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: May 2, 2012, 12:56 p.m.

2d6 → [3,4] = (7)

Draco moves to finish of the second bandit
SUCCESS!!!
2 May 2012 at 20:57 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff KABOOM!!!!

The sound of a gigantic series of explosions rips through the air! The bonfire heap scatters as though it has exploded, with charred bodies and burning embers flying in all directions….See More
3 May 2012 at 13:21 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane:Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: May 3, 2012, 10:18 a.m.
…See More
3 May 2012 at 18:19 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila is desiding wot to do
3 May 2012 at 18:59 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout

Runkle drops down and pulls Flim with him when the explosion happens.

@ Flim
“Good thing we decided to stay back, huh? Wonder what that was?”
4 May 2012 at 02:17 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
Flim’s eyes sparkle with a deep darkness. “You just saved me. I could have been killed in that blast and you would have had all the treasure for yourself. How can I ever repay you?” She looks at her treasure to make sure it is safe, and then she sneers and gazes adoringly into your eyes.

@Sila:
The bowl is vibrating in your hands, tugging all over the place. You must make a SKILL test to see if you can control it or if it throws you off. It seems that the reason it is jumping about is because it is swallowing the smoke-worm!
4 May 2012 at 17:07 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Drao Wolfsbane: Draco sees that Sila could be in trouble and races to aid her.
4 May 2012 at 17:59 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila
piece of cake
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3502702/
4 May 2012 at 20:28 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
You realize now that the scar on your arm has been tingling for some time, increasingly. It is now itching so much that you instinctively scratch at it.
Outside the Hospice, the huge bonfire has blown itself against walls with an impressive violence. Charred remains are all over the place. One of the bandits is groaning nearby, he has been hit by flying embers. None of the others are moving. Across the chasm on the ledge of the south plateau, you can see Sila holding onto the bowl, which has the smoke-work spiraling up into the sky. It looks as if the bowl is sucking the thing into it. You can also see behind her are several bandits, who are pointing toward her, unsure what to do; they are looking for leadership.
Garm has followed you out into the market square.
“Draco, wait!” he catches up with you as you run and you cross the wooden bridge together. A third of the way across, you watch as the tail end of the smoke-worm comes swooping down toward the bridge, looking like a mouth full of nightmare. It crashes into – and through – the bridge, leaving a black sooty stain where it touched.

Sila: the bowl is sucking in the smoke-worm. Its other end is thrashing about, leaving a trail of black soot on the buildings it collides with. It has formed itself into the shape of a mouth. 4 May 2012 at 21:16 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: GrufflyGarm “…my thanks. Garm, could you take command of these bandits? would they follow you do you reckon?….if not, we will have a fight on our hands!”
Draco realises that there is dire magic involved here, with his scar feeling like it is crawling under his skin……but he will NOT abandon Sila! He continues forward to aid her by lending his strength to the bowl struggle or in fighting the bandits if they do not rally to Garm.
5 May 2012 at 11:03 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
You see Runkle and another goblin romping on the floor behind a barrow as you run into the market square. Bandits are picking themselves up and dusting themselves off while others are pointing at Sila. There are half dozen in total including the black skinned dwarf who is making an escape over the western rope bridge, carrying the body of Kai Tigo on his shoulders. Garm runs over to the group of bandits and starts bossing them about. “They’re with us” he instructs them.

There is an ominous sense of evil permeating from the bowl and you do not really much want to touch it. Your scar feels as if it is burning with itchiness the closer you come to it. Its tail end is in the bowl which Sila seems to holding firmly in place, although it is slowly rising up above her head, you cannot tell if she is making it do this or trying to prevent it.

Abruptly the head of the smoke-worm comes splattering down on the ground! You must make a Dodge special skill roll, (or test of LUCK) to avoid being struck by it.

www.invisiblecastle.com/roller

@Erki:
Draco and Garm have run off leaving you in the Hospice with Mij the shrunken enchanter, Garms sister Jasmin, an unknown ex-bandit, and Brantus the injured priest who is laying on a stone slab waiting for it to heal him. Outside, smoldering piles of detritious are splattered all over the market square, which seem to have removed the threat of the attacking bandits.
5 May 2012 at 13:33 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: May 5, 2012, 6:16 a.m.

2d6 → [3,2] = (5)

Draco rolls a DODGE to evade smoke demon
SUCCESS!!!
Draco raises his sword. @Sila “SILA!! should i smash the bowl!? or help in holding it!??”
5 May 2012 at 14:24 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
You swerve and avoid being struck by the smoke-worm. It remains attached to the ground, like a pillar of approximately five feet in diameter. You hear a horrible agonized shriek from behind you; turning to look, you see another such pillar has thundered down and engulfed one of the bandits! His body within the semi-translucent black swirling smoke core is covered in soot, and immediately explodes into ashes of black dust, to be consumed by the smoke-worm.
One of the bandits yells; “run for your lives!”
Overhead, more pillars are thumping down toward the market square. A bandit takes a swipe at one of them with his sword; the blade passes through the column and comes out covered in the fine black soot. They are all of different widths and they all seem to be sprouting from the main body of the smoke-worm.
In front of you, Sila is now vibrating with the effort of holding onto the bowl, which is ow directly above her head.

@Sila:
The vibrating bowl is slowly pulling its way up until it is directly above you. It still seems to be sucking in the main body of the smoke-worm; the entity is however sprouting dangerous columns that are thumping down into the market, you find yourself thrown around to face this. Draco Wolfsbane is in front of you. You can feel the bowl rising into the air, you are standing on tip-toes, pulling it to no avail…
5 May 2012 at 14:56 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila Silvercat thief

I hold onto the bowl as tight as I can and shout “Draco!”
5 May 2012 at 15:16 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco grabs the bowl and heaves down on it, helping Sila to control it.
5 May 2012 at 17:22 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
As soon as you touch the bowl, you are no longer on Ridge. You are in blackness. It is calm but surrounding you is a whirlwind; you are at its epicenter. The floor beneath you seems a solid plane but is black, infinite.
You see Kai Tigo laying in a crumpled heap and you see Sila in front of you raising the bowl above her head. Surrounding the bowl are little black smoke figures,spilling out from it; they look like runes of some peculiar language, much like the ones writing their way up your own and Runkle the goblin’s fingers and hands. These smoke-runes seem to have layers of information, as they will not hold shape but at the same time, they are definitely accurately descriptive – of, whatever they are. They are the blackest darkness you have ever seen and they seem to be the shape of hoods and blades; assassins. They are running around in the space surrounding Sila and as you watch you see that she is inhaling them as they pass across her mouth. Her usually ash-gray skin is deepening in tone toward blackness, there are already shadows beneath her eyes. Her skin is drawing inward around her skeleton. And yet she seems to be grinning with ecstasy. You also see that her body is rising upward, her feet are dangling, she is not on the same plane as yourself. By the time you reach her, you wrap your arms around her knees, you can feel a powerful force raising her upward.
“Draco!” she says again in a weaker voice. “My fingers are slipping!” Abruptly you feel her go limp, and you are falling…
falling… into darkness…

@Sila:
As soon as Draco touches the bowl you are back in the black vortex again. Kai Tigo’s body is still nearby. You are watching assassins of the Blacksand Guild dripping from the bowl as it rises above your head, and as they come close to your mouth you find that you can suck them in. With every one that you eat, you see a flash vision of the death of a real assassin of the guild. You enjoy this because you have sworn to avenge the death of Phaegan by destroying the Assassins Guild. You swallow half a dozen of the assassin-runes surrounding you, as you do so you feel your power grow. Each person is a rune, each rune is a knowledge, a way, an energy. The more assassins that you swallow the more powerful you become until you begin rising upward, pulled by the bowl. You also see that there are other layers of meaning behind each rune; each of them is a word in a deeper story, and each of them can be used as a magic. That these are words of summoning and control from the spell book that Kai was reading from.
Suddenly Draco appears close by and grabs your legs as you begin rising. It breaks your concentration on learning the words, and swallowing their powers. With Draco’s weight tugging down on you, you can no longer keep a grip on the bowl so easily. Your fingertips become painful as they grip it, and as it rises further still, you let go! Then you are falling…
you see Kai Tigo within reach and by instinct you lash out and grab hold of him. Only to keep falling! You drag him with you as you fall into darkness…

@Draco & Sila:
You both fall for what seems like the longest time. During which Draco is able to climb up Sila’s body as she drags the unconscious Kai Tigo overhead. Soon you are face to face, clinging onto each other.
5 May 2012 at 18:01 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco feels his mind in turmoil….there is a sensation of conflict…of darkness and light. He climbs up Sila until he is facing her…..time is moving strange for him and they seem to be falling forever. Draco senses, what he percieves to be Death circling them….he then covers Sila’s eyes with his hand and pulls her close to him.
5 May 2012 at 18:40 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila Silvercat
I smile as Draco climbs my body. “hi” and I pick his pocket
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3504027/
epic FAIL!!! oh no
I smile at Draco “er I was looking for something else” blushes
I breathe deeply and go loose when he covers my eyes hoping he is going to kiss me
5 May 2012 at 19:25 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
something extremely painful has just struck your right foot. Lose 1 SKILL point. Whatever it is has attached itself firmly to you.
5 May 2012 at 20:40 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Also, the winds around you seem to be blowing more wildly, in patches, as if the tunnel of the vortex is blowing itself apart.
5 May 2012 at 20:42 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout
@ Flim
“Oh, it was nothing. But I got a feeling those bandits might have been behind that explosion! Any idea on how we can deal with them?”
5 May 2012 at 23:38 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco, perhaps contemplating the End, still manages to half-smile at Sila’s pickpocket attempt
@Sila “I’m sure….”
……as a fierce pain errupts in his foot! Draco attempts to shake it free
Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: May 6, 2012, 3:05 a.m.

2d6 → [2,3] = (5)
SUCCESS!!
6 May 2012 at 11:09 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff The bowl is slowly floating upward toward you both, and wobbling as it goes. This is what had struck Draco’s foot! You will need to make a SKILL test to catch it as it floats upward past you.
Around you the whirlwind is raging wild, it is blowing itself out! Ribbons of wind are violently torn from the tightly bound tube and ripping off into nothingness.
6 May 2012 at 11:19 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
Flim says she has something else she would rather deal with first, and she pins you to the ground and begins nuzzling you. Abruptly a column of smoke comes crashing down and swallows her barrel of treasure! “No!” she shrieks as she jumps off you and shakes both her fists up at the smoke-demon.
6 May 2012 at 11:21 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane:Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: May 6, 2012, 3:26 a.m.
…See More
6 May 2012 at 11:27 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco Grabs the bowl and holds on tight to it and Sila as they ride out this vortex of magic.
6 May 2012 at 11:31 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
You watch as Flim curses the smoke-demon with every profanity in the goblin language. No sooner than has she ran out of breath and turns back to you with an embarrassed look on her face, the smoke demon is sucked up into the bowl that a moment ago was being held by the black elf thief Sila Silvercat. You can see Sila and Draco Wolfsbane the human trapper over on the ledge near the ravine, laying down in each others arms. Other than them, a few piles of bones and some scraps of arms, the market is deserted and eerily silent. There is black soot everywhere.

@Draco & Sila:
When you blink your eyes open you are laying in each others arms on the ground, at the ledge of the chasm. The bowl is spinning on the ground nearby soaking in the last tendrils of the smoke-demon. You also see an old spell book close by. There are also a few piles of collapsed skeletons and scraps of arms. Mostly everything is covered in black soot; including the interior of the bowl. The sound it makes as it spins and gradually grinds to a halt is followed by total silence.

@Erki:
Brantus jumps up off the slab and looking mightily refreshed, announces; “I feel restored! Barbarian, we must defeat the sorcerer at once! Make haste!”
6 May 2012 at 19:43 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane:…..Draco’s mind clears, as if from a dream, and he realises that all is still. He is unsure as to how he is still living….. he rises to his feet and helps Sila do the same. He looks on Sila with new eyes and wonders what possessed him to strive so hard to help her.
@Sila “Are you okay? It seems we have survived the Demon’s wrath”
6 May 2012 at 20:00 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout

@ Flim…See More
7 May 2012 at 01:44 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco, a little awkwardly, lets go of Sila as Runkle arrives.
@Runkle “So you have also survived, that is good. Who is that with you?”
7 May 2012 at 06:36 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout

@ Draco…See More
7 May 2012 at 11:44 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane:Flim "....Greetings." @ Sila and Runkle "I am going to check on Mij and the others, maybe we should all head to the hospice." @Garm ".....you have these men of yours in check?" Draco heads back to the hospice. 7 May 2012 at 19:34 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: Garm is nowhere to be seen; nor are any of the other bandits. There are several crumpled heaps of soot covered skeletons laying around. 7 May 2012 at 20:51 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane:Himself “Garm!…did you hear me ?!…..i thought he was just….perhaps not…there are many dead here.”
Draco heads to the hospice.
7 May 2012 at 22:04 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian
Erki ask bandit why he follow Erki ?
8 May 2012 at 22:10 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree I take the bowl and the spell book and look for a good horse
9 May 2012 at 00:06 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
Flim grins at you “they’re a strange couple. Hey come on maybe someone left some treasure over here, this way!” she tugs your sleeve and starts walking toward the west bridge….See More
9 May 2012 at 20:50 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco enters the hospice…and strangely all the soot falls clean off his body!
@ Himself “What in the Pit!….that is indeed strange magic, though there seems to have been a lot of that of late.”
Draco sits, a little wearily, on one of the slabs.
@ Everyone (with a sly half-grin) “Did i miss anything?…”
9 May 2012 at 21:43 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout

Runkle follows Flim.

@ Everyone else
“I’ll be right back guys.”
10 May 2012 at 02:31 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila Silvercat
no forget the Hospice, I want to find somewhere quiet and secluded to look at this book. any empty house will do.
11 May 2012 at 23:46 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Yas asks; “Where is Garm? What happened to Kai?”

@Runkle:
Flim explains that the bandits were loading up carts of treasure at the North Gate ready to return to the Forest of Thieves where they have a base in an old coaching house. Although now most of them are dead their friends and family are still using the place, although what with it being a den of thieves it might not be the safest place to bring a load of treasure to seeing as its just the two of you. But it still leaves the issue of there being a cart load of treasure at the North Gate waiting for somebody to claim ownership of it. She holds your hand and pulls you in that direction.

@Rachel:
The nearest empty building is one of the shops in the market square. The door swings open. It happens to be a Perfumer’s shop. The bandits have hardly touched any of the wares in the front room nor the preparatory laboratory at the back. In the shop front are shelves of earthenware vessels labeled with pictures of various flowers and leaves and the potions name written in human scroll. There are also little glass stoppered vials in a box beneath the counter. The back room has sacks of dried herbs, a central table and work-surfaces around the edges for preparing the herbs upon which barrels and glass instruments are arranged, some in use are burbling away as perfumes drip into decanters. There are tools such as pestle and mortars, muslin, tanks of water and a very strong distilled liquor. The place smells very heady, not exactly for your black elven sensibilities but acceptable. Between the two rooms is a small corridor with a side door and steps leading up to rooms above the shop.
The upstairs is a normal small house obviously lived in by a few people; a kitchen and living space with exterior door to a balcony on the first floor and bedrooms on the top floor, with another door to an exterior balcony. A laddered hatch leads to the flat roof. From the design of the interior you guess that it is a semi-detached building. You find a comfortable bed beside a lantern in a windowless room and open the book.
Never having been taught to read and write, the hand-inked symbols on the pages are illegible to you. However, every now and then comes a shape that you recognize, more from instinct than from memory. You must make a LUCK test also.
12 May 2012 at 22:22 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco stands and moves over to Yas.
@Yas “Its not good girl, your brother lies among the dead…..though you may not recognise him….now. The sorcerer still lives but was taken away…”
Draco steps away but turns around…
@Yas “Know this though, if i cross his path again, he dies for what he did here.”
@Mij “Where is Brantus? does he live on?”
13 May 2012 at 11:39 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Yas screams “no!” and breaks down into sobbing with her face in her hands.

Mij tries to console her but stands before her wordlessly looking helpless. His face is pained. In response to your question he says; “Brantus went after Kai.”

The ex-bandit says; “w well there is o o only t two places they can be.” Yas stares at him as he continues speaking. “F f f forest of th thieves, or the coast.”

Yas draws a slender short-sword and holds it with unnerving steadiness, its tip at the ex-bandits throat. “Give them any more information and I will split your tongue like the snake that you are!” Her voice is as steady as her poise. All the colour drains from ex-bandits face.

Also, your scar has stopped tingling, it merely feels cold now.
13 May 2012 at 12:48 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco disarms Yas with his sword and gives it to the bandit.
Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: May 13, 2012, 5:35 a.m.

2d6 → [1,1] = (2)

Draco rolls a SWORD skill to disarm Yas.
SUCCESS!!
@Yas “thats enough, no more protecting Kai. Think only of your baby now. Take a horse and supplies and go to any family you have.”
@Mij, Erki, Bandit “I am going to try and track down Brantus in the Forest Of Thieves. You coming? We can grab the goblin on route.”
13 May 2012 at 13:41 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
You surprise yourself with the dexterity with which you flip Jasmine’s blade from her hands. The young ex-bandit whistles sharply inward with admiration as the sword clatters to the floor. …See More
13 May 2012 at 15:42 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Yas “If that is your wish, then so be it. But remember, if he cant be saved……he dies.”
@Mij “I think she grabbed the tome and ran, not sure where she went.”
Draco,with Mij’s permission, throws him onto his shoulders and leaves the hospice, heading to the Forest.
13 May 2012 at 19:01 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff OOC> apologies @Draco, I re-read your post… the young ex-bandit has his own weapon, he looks at Yas’ blade and admires a design on it, a cats head embossed in the blade near the hilt. He returns it to her.

Mij curses. “She’s too young for such a darkness it will destroy her. For the sake of her soul and for the All-an-sia…” (he pronounces it in a different tense to usual, revealing his studies, using the word which regularly means ‘the teeming plains’ to mean ‘the land and her people and stuff’) “we must find her and the tome. Whatever it used Kai for; he was a more competent sorcerer than that wench.”

As you walk, Yas mulls over your statement while Mij is speaking. “Draco” she quickly moves to your side. “I love Kai. I cannot allow you to kill him. He is injured and needs my help. At least give me a chance with him before…” Her eyes well with tears once again. “Oh Garm.” she sighs, holding one hand to her face and the other on her abdomen, then steadies her breathing.

“We should find supplies in the barn.” She points to the last buildings before you leave the northern market square. As you approach the barn, a sinister form comes around the corner. It is the Knight! Covered in soot and a head taller than any man. He stops dead in his tracks when he see’s your party, guarding the exit route from the market. Yas runs into the barn.
13 May 2012 at 23:06 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Yas "Look, if Brantus or Mij think Kai can be 'saved' then we will try. Just prepare for the fact that he.......what the??!!!" Draco draws his sword and eyes this new threat looking for weakness's. @Mij "any ideas enchanter?" 14 May 2012 at 06:26 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: Mij says; "barn" 14 May 2012 at 08:48 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Mij "I meant, how to break the enchantment on the armour not a place to run to.....still, it WILL give us time for thinking!" Draco makes for the Barn. 14 May 2012 at 17:42 · Like Joy Freeman Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull Erki follow Draco. Shut barn door behind group. 14 May 2012 at 23:05 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff The barn has been ransacked, most of its content used on the bonfire. It was obviously used by the bandits as a treasure-room and still contains many valuable items that are scattered around the edges. There are even a few small chests and lumpy sacks,...See More 16 May 2012 at 21:27 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @ Erki "barr that door solid!!" Draco lights the candle on the table and uses it to light one of his own candles and climbs the ladder..... 16 May 2012 at 21:33 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: The first floor of the barn is a sleeping den of the bandits. There are bedrolls and blankets in a scruffy mess. There are two low chests-tables with empty bottles, candles, dice, a few daggers, cards, scattered around, and some scrolls also. There are three sleeping forms beneath blankets, one of which is larger than a man. A thick blanket hangs from a wall perhaps covering a window. 16 May 2012 at 22:05 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco rips the blanket down and flings it over the largest of the forms. @ Sleeping forms "Get up you dogs!! There is trouble outside your door, so grab a blade if you value your life....and your treasure!" 16 May 2012 at 22:18 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: There is an alcove behind the blanket with a wooden door at the back. By your sense of geography you identify that it leads to a ledge balcony overlooking the market area. None of the sleeping forms respond. After a moment one of them rolls over and begins snoring. Another breaks wind. 16 May 2012 at 22:21 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane Draco tries the door and kicks it open if it is locked.
Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: May 16, 2012, 2:30 p.m.

2d6 → [4,3] = (7)

skill roll for door kick
SUCCESS!!!
16 May 2012 at 22:30 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
the door is on a hook and swings open easily onto a wide balcony, a flat rooftop of the ground floor. You can see the carnage of the market square from here where the bonfire was thrown in all directions. There is soot everywhere and charred remains of wood and body parts. The balcony runs around the outside of the building.
17 May 2012 at 14:17 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco creeps out(and does a circuit of the building) and looks for the enchanted armour.
17 May 2012 at 16:44 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila: Please make a LUCK test
21 May 2012 at 17:04 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila Silvercat
I rolled 2 a double one is that good or wot? http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3531129/
23 May 2012 at 21:39 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila:
In combat it is a fumble however for a Luck test it is brilliant., definitely a Pass because it is less than your LUCK score. Your LUCK score is reduced by 1 every time you make a LUCK test. Can you please make a Magic Special Skill test?
23 May 2012 at 21:52 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3531174/
11 bang on!
23 May 2012 at 21:55 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila:
Your STAMINA is reduced to 0 which does not quite mean you are dead, only mostly dead. Technically the word is ‘unconcious’ although you are now locked into a powerful dream which we shall explore in the near future.

@Draco:
You gaze down on the main through-way between the buildings into the market area, where the Knight of Salem armour is standing guard holding the hilt of its broadsword, the tip at its feet.
You are startled when every half-charred corpse and soot-covered skeleton in the market area abruptly rises to its feet (to the best of its ability) and turns its body toward the south-southwest. From here you can see across to the southern market-area on the other side of the ravine; that there is similar activity occurring there too.
The Knight turns the broadsword 180 degrees so its blade is above its head, in response to the appearance of a town full of undead. Bones roll across from the edges of the market and drop from the balcony, putting themselves together again. There are at least a hundred burned-bone skeletons forming before your eyes.

@Runkle:
Flim leads you down a side-route onto the sloping road to the North Gate where several horses, a few carts laden with booty and a heap of dead bandits are located. Flim cackles as she climbs aboard a canvas covered wagon full of sacks and chests of the riches of Ridge. She throws coins in the air and rubs them on her body with wild excitement, shouting ‘rich! rich! gold! bounty! all mine!’. When she has calmed down she remembers you are there and offers to share it with you if you know how to drive an ox cart.
Abruptly the heap of dead bandits rise as one to their feet and turn to stare up at Ridge, their backs toward you. Flim stifles a shriek.
After a moment she whispers; “Now would be a good time!”
The nearby horses are rearing up and whinnying with fear and struggling at the post to which they are tied. The ox yoked to the wagon seems unperturbed.
23 May 2012 at 22:13 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree OOC need that list of allansian cuss words around now please gamekeeper
23 May 2012 at 22:20 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila:
You are back inside the tunnel of winds, however you seem to be directly at the bottom of it this time; the whirlwind spirals up above you while around you it fans out forming a sort of dome. It is dark but the distant horizon seems tinged with a tone of silver just a few grades lighter than the darkness. You can see shapes in silhouette against it. At your feet, the center of the whirlwind, is the silver bowl.It seems to be lit from within, not glowing like a lamp but as if it alone is lit by a spot-light. The place is surprisingly silent.
23 May 2012 at 22:25 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree wot about the spell book?
23 May 2012 at 22:29 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree and my weapons
23 May 2012 at 22:30 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3531201/
I cast ward spell to protect myself -1 stamina does it move around with me?
23 May 2012 at 22:32 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff <ooc> @Sila
Ward (1) this spell may deflect one arrow, spear or other missile thrown at the caster. The missile whistles past and falls harmlessly to the ground.
I don’t think this is the spell you meant, you want a forcefield, I don’t know if Sila knows that sort of spell. I’ll let you take that turn again.
23 May 2012 at 22:36 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree I pick up the bowl do I have my stuff with me?
23 May 2012 at 22:43 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila: As you try to pick up the bowl it feels intensely wrong. In the same way as placing your hands in a fire feels wrong but instead of burning you the bowl radiates not heat but a terrible intense sense of alarm and frustration. You find that you cannot do it.
Make a SKILL roll to see if you have your stuff with you.
23 May 2012 at 22:51 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3531222/
I rolled double-1 again! All my stuff! I open the spell book in case I can read it in the dream.
23 May 2012 at 22:54 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila: The spell book does not contain writing at the moment. It contains only pictures that are moving as if they are windows into other worlds. You see many terrifying visions. There are souls, tortured and in anguish, howling their suffering. They are caught up in a vortex that is drinking their life force. The vortex is the silver bowl. Their bodies are ragged and translucent, gray-white and ghostly. There are hundreds of them. You see visions of black thorn-like towers growing up into the skies directly from the earth, congealing from spilled blood. You find you cannot breathe and are forced to slam the book shut!
23 May 2012 at 23:04 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree I wish for Draco to be here!
23 May 2012 at 23:16 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: whispers @ Mij “Can this dark sorcery be fought….or stopped?…..we cannot fight an undead army and a stable door will only hold for so long….”
24 May 2012 at 06:24 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The disturbing sound of creeping bones reassembling haunts you as you watch aghast. Once completed each body does not move other than to sway slightly.
You feel a strong sensation that Sila is in need of help.
24 May 2012 at 08:55 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane:This sight is filling Draco with dread…it reminds him of the attacker that killed his Master….Gods! those red eyes……
@ Mij “This REALLY would be the time forsomething insightful enchanter!……something else is wrong, the elf is in danger still….we have to find her!”
24 May 2012 at 18:23 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: Mij takes a deep breath. “If somebody hadn’t killed my wingwrithe I’d be gone from here by now! Our best chances are to leave quickly before anything else nasty happens. All this chaos is beyond me.” he takes another deep breath. “The elf… are you certain she’s not numbered among the dead?” he asks hopefully.
24 May 2012 at 20:04 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco shakes his head in disbelief at Mij’s remarks.
@Mij “That foul creature is NOT dead…..mores the pity, i told you it flew off!…to the Pit hopefully.
I think Sila is alive…though i know not how, but something feels very wrong Enchanter….”
Draco feels a dark mist in his mind…..
24 May 2012 at 20:59 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian
Erki search room and take weapons
24 May 2012 at 21:01 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
You find 2 swords and a short-sword. There is a mostly full barrel of apples and some empty sacks strewn about the floor. You also find a deck of cards although there is no guarantee that it is a full deck. Erki has possibly seen cards before eg; being played in the Musty Ember but he has never had much to do with them, it being a counting game and Erki not knowing maths. You can tell that the first five cards are all ‘Ones’; three black and two red. Jasmine hungrily eats an apple while the young ex-bandit finds and ties a leather-pouch of coins to his belt.

@Draco:
As one, all of the undead take one step forward toward the direction they are facing. The sound it makes echoes through the stone alleys of the otherwise silent town. It is extremely disconcerting! After this one step, they all sway on the spot again.

@Runkle:
As one the undead bandits all take one single step forward toward the center of Ridge village. Flim yelps. “Start the damn cart!” she yells at you. She does seem genuinly afraid.
24 May 2012 at 22:46 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila Silvercat
ok i am go outside and explore the place wot are these shadow things on the horizen ?
24 May 2012 at 22:51 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout

@ Flim
“Not really sure how to drive one of these, but now’s a good time to learn!”

Runkle hops up into the driver’s seat, shakes the ox’s reins and yells “Yah!”
25 May 2012 at 02:42 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco looks to see if he can drop down and sneak across behind the undead to search the abandoned buidings opposite the hospice in the hope of finding Sila.
25 May 2012 at 06:26 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
The huge Allansian Ox makes a loud, slow, deep voiced “moooh!” and slowly begins to trot at a slow pace, pulling the cart with it. Flim says “yay!” and puts her arm on your shoulders and kisses your cheek. All of a sudden she is very happy.
26 May 2012 at 09:25 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
“Hey at least they aren’t moaning!” says Mij. “I heard once that undead moan. Like this; ‘muwarh’…” he makes an impression of a moaning zombie. “Although to be quite honest I’m not sure if this isn’t more scary. Draco what are you doing?” He asks as you lean forward to assess the drop. The ground is approx ten feet below, Draco should be able to do this carefully with no trouble, but not with Mij on his shoulders.
26 May 2012 at 09:29 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila:
You walk away from the bowl out beyond the underneath of the vortex of winds. It can be seen quite clearly as a disturbance in the air rising up into the darkness above. The silver bowl is radiant beneath it, the only source of light in the landscape other than a dim glow of the horizon. There are no stars; most everything is black. The ground beneath your feet is dry earth and pebbles. The occasional dead twisted tree and larger rocks, some boulders and others carved into shaped, of tombstones and cemetery sculptures. There are words engraved on some of them but you cannot read them. You see the same symbols appear on a few of them – an owl – a dagger at 45 degrees which you know to be the sign for assassins. Over yonder you can see a the silhouette of a small temple or large crypt standing upright. You also begin to realise that the grave markers form two circle patterns like ripples around the bowl/whirlwind, and around the crypt. They overlap half-way between the two features.
26 May 2012 at 09:40 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
The young ex-bandit slumps to the floor, appearing stupified. He sits cross-legged and hunched forward, drooling. He rocks slightly backward and forward. His breath is light and shallow.
Yas yelps and asks; “Whats wrong with him?”
26 May 2012 at 09:44 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: The darkness has surrounded and sharpened Draco’s mind, to a singular, focused thought.
Draco phases out Mij’s rambling and puts him down. He then lowers himself down to the street and makes his way over stealthily to the shops.
26 May 2012 at 11:41 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The undead seem oblivious to your presence. Unnervingly they all in unison take a single step forward. A few moments later, another. They are all facing in the same direction; indeed several of them are pressing themselves against the front door of a building in the market. Whatever they are doing seems focused on this particular building.
26 May 2012 at 11:55 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane: Draco makes to the rear of said building and looks for a way in.
26 May 2012 at 12:02 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
You enter an alleyway on the side of the zigurat building from the street side, not the market side. …See More
26 May 2012 at 12:29 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Also, there are flies buzzing about here.
26 May 2012 at 12:30 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: May 26, 2012, 4:42 a.m.
…See More
26 May 2012 at 12:44 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Another narrow steps leads up to the second balcony where the ladder crosses. You’ll have to drop down to the first floor balcony from there; to access a door in the wall facing the market. A SKILL roll is called for because the ladder is flimsy and dropping onto a narrow balcony is not as easy as dropping onto the street.

www.invisiblecastle.com
26 May 2012 at 14:31 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: May 26, 2012, 6:36 a.m.
…See More
26 May 2012 at 14:37 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The door opens into a normal small house obviously lived in by a few people; a kitchen and living space with exterior door to the balcony, with steep steps leading up and down to the first and third floors. The whole place smells perfumed. You hear a ghastly ‘thump’ against the front and side doors.
26 May 2012 at 15:11 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
Mij the Enchanter hops down the stair-ladder into the room. His attitude is peculiar, it is as if he has been pushed too far beyond his comfort zone and is quite happy about the current situation. His voice is just ever so slightly cracked as he reports;
“There are three sleeping bandits in the room above and the town is over-run with undead. Draco has run off to find that…” he glances at Jasmine “Ladies present, excuse me, Draco is looking for Sila. Whats wrong with him?” He asks when he see’s the ex-bandit rocking and dribbling and murmering beneath his breath.
26 May 2012 at 16:16 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull barbarian
Erki poke man gently with foot
27 May 2012 at 01:51 · Like
Justin Asin
Justin Asin Runkle Gremp – Goblin Scout

Runkle puts his arm around Flim

@ Flim
“Well! That’s more like it then!”
27 May 2012 at 02:10 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
The ex-bandit blinks and comes to his senses somewhat. Jasmin asks him what happened.
“I it was like th th that b b before.” He replies. “A sound that o o o only ssome of us c can hear. It is l l like very h highpitchedflutetone, above normal h h hearing. It whispers! whispers st st stutter strange things, like a st st st st storm whispers. Some of the words are p p plain and c clear. It tells us that when we are n n not listening to it, th that it is c c controlling our th thoughts. Its a little d d different for e everyone who hears it. This wh what I t told you is how we agreed was h hap hap happening. We asked K Kai, he laughed and told us n n never to worry about it. It was, ever since we j j joined the BlueRagGang, that is wh wh when the whispers began. They sound like rain f falling in the mu, in the mu m mud.” He is crying, watching his tears fall onto the dust of the floor.
27 May 2012 at 16:42 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Runkle:
Flim feels comfortable as she nuzzles into you.
She tells you about how you have cheered her up and explains about how she got involved with the Blue Rag Gang after her uncle took her and all six of her siblings (of whom she is the youngest and the only girl) to the Forest of Thieves in a search for buried treasure after her father discovered he isn’t actually the father of any of them and left her mother so they could both go crazy with grief and anger for a while.
The bandits make their headquarters of an abandoned inn on the outskirts of the village. Flim is excited to be reunited with her uncle and her brothers who might still be there.
It was Kai Tigo who unified the different highwaymen of the region into a unified gang, persuading them to stop fighting amongst themselves. She supposes all that has gone now after what happened at Ridge.

@Runkle:
Please continue your adventure in
SCENE 13 – the Forest of Thieves!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/124545270899171/#!/groups/124545270899171/doc/421811727839189/
27 May 2012 at 16:46 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian

Erki looks at the ex bandit.
“Bad magic.”
Suddenly he misses his brother Jerem, who being a shaman would know how to deal with this sort of thing.
29 May 2012 at 20:17 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco creeps down the stairs for a look at the bottom floor….
29 May 2012 at 20:55 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree sila silvercat black elf rogue
i wanna explor the crypt also the place where the circles overlap it culd be importent
31 May 2012 at 22:38 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:

It is a Perfumery.
The stairs lead to a small hall with a door into the alley, the shop front and a small prep lab at the back. In the shop front are shelves of earthenware vessels labeled with pictures of various flowers and leaves and the potions name written in human scroll. The back room has sacks of dried herbs, a central table and work-surfaces around the edges for preparing the herbs upon which barrels and glass instruments are arranged, some in use are burbling away as perfumes drip into decanters. There are tools such as pestle and mortars, muslin, tanks of water and a very strong distilled liquor.

The ground floor doors are both being thumped from outside. They might not hold much longer.

@Sila:
Here and there around you are various cemetery stones and statues, shadows in the gloom.

There is something sticking up out from the ground between the bowl and the crypt. As you approach you see that it is a black bone. It is an unusual black that seems different somehow from the darkness around which is from absence of light and the silhouettes of graves. This black is not absence of light but an assertive presence.

The crypt entrance is very simple, no designs or markings on the stone, no flamboyant architecture. A wrought iron gate covers its mouth and there are stairs descending down into darkness. The metal is the same black as the bone. Its design is such that it appears to be swirls radiating out from the center where there is a horizontal slot.
3 June 2012 at 11:48 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> does Draco not see Sila here?
3 June 2012 at 12:01 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Sila is not on the ground floor.
The doors thump again. The front door shakes and splits at its hinges with a crack; it holds in place for now. It is eery how the horde of undead are moving as one entity with a single purpose.
3 June 2012 at 12:05 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco has a quick look for hidden places, for Sila, then proceeds upwards in the building looking for her.
3 June 2012 at 12:20 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Upon further exploration you see a trapdoor weighed down by heavy crates in the laboratory.
The doors ‘thump’ again. You hear the sound of splitting wood from the front room.
3 June 2012 at 12:33 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff The first floor has a small kitchen opposite the balcony door.
The top floor is smaller and has a hatch at the top of the stairs and three doors, one on each wall except for that behind the stairs, all of which are closed.
3 June 2012 at 12:35 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff You hear the front door give in and bang to the ground!
3 June 2012 at 12:36 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff The whole building smells very heady of perfume
3 June 2012 at 12:36 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco opens the trapdoor and goes down…..
3 June 2012 at 21:27 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
There is a stack of heavy wooden boxes on top of the trapdoor, three of them. They are square with lids. It will take you some time to move them. Are you sure this is your plan?
4 June 2012 at 15:28 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane: Draco figures that Sila could not have gone down the trapdoor and left boxes on top of the door, he knows the undead will enter soon, so he heads back up to the 1st floor and looks for something to block the stairway
4 June 2012 at 19:54 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff A table in the kitchen adequately blocks the hatch through which the stairs rise, and you could use some furniture from the sparse living room, a wooden chest of drawers, to weight it down however doing so would block up both the staircase and the small hall it is in. There is a round metal wood-stove with a hot-plate and a chimney flue in the kitchen but it is very heavy and you’d have to rip it from the wall, if the barbarian Erki was here it would be a different matter. There are lighter-weight items; a wall-mounted shelf in the kitchen and a bench-seat in the living room that are easier to move but do not weigh so much.
Every minute or so you hear the sound of a village full of undead shuffling in unison toward you. It is like some sort of sick drum beat.
5 June 2012 at 13:20 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco uses the table to block stairway, thinking undead might not even come up the stairs. He quickly searches for Sila….
5 June 2012 at 18:53 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff The third floor has three doors. A cursory glance in each of them reveals a small windowless bedroom lit by a lamp and containing a comatose Sila laying on a bed with a black book across her chest, her kit bag beside her. You cannot tell if she is breathing. She looks too real in her stillness, a perfect image of gothic innocence. Her long red hair halo’s her smoothg porcelain skin. She is a tender age, a streetwise woman not long having left a body. Her features are angular as any of elven blood, even the low-caste black-elfs. There is a raw beauty in her and a tortured soul. You feel your scar aching, it awakens you again to your task at hand.
6 June 2012 at 00:39 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco knocks the book off her with his sword and quickly looks in her kit bag for the bowl. If it is there Draco takes it out and smashes it!
6 June 2012 at 06:40 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The black book falls to the floor with a ‘flump’.
The bowl is beautiful. It shimmers with silver glow as the lamp light catches it. There are intricate designs all around its exterior and the interior is smooth like a silver mist. It is evidently made by a master craftsman. Try as you might, you cannot even make a dent in the bowl.
6 June 2012 at 09:50 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull barbarian
Erki ask crazy bandits name
6 June 2012 at 17:52 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco tries to burn the book and tries to wake Sila
6 June 2012 at 18:56 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
The ex-bandit explains; “M m n name is L L Luka, sir. Luka Sn Sn Snaketongue is what they c call m me. On acount of my st st of my st of my stutter, sir.”

There are peculiar sounds coming from outside in the street. Every minute or so there is an unearthly sound that you cannot place. It sounds like an army of trooping in slow motion, an army holding rattles and marching with wet boots.

“Whats that sound?” asks Yas.

@Draco:
The book has fallen to the floor and opened to a page where there is a picture of an open pit shaft. It is the most realistic picture you ever saw. It is three-dimensional. No matter what angle you look at it from it moves realistically, as if it is not really a picture in a book but a pit shaft with a book shaped mouth. Like the book it is as black as soot.
Attempts to burn the book simply do not work. You realize that it must have some type of magical defense and therefore it is possibly trapped.
Turning your attention to Sila, you cannot wake her either. She has a very slow pulse, her chest is moving so slowly that it appears she is dead rather than in a deep sleep. She is drooling on the pillow.
6 June 2012 at 20:43 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @ Sila “Wake up damn you! Cursed elf, meddling with Dark arts you know nothing about……what am i missing here!? The book and bowl are here and you are touching neither…….”
Draco gathers himself, and mutters “Lord Logaan guide me!”
On impulse Draco grabs the bowl again and attempts to drop it into the shaft within the books pages.
6 June 2012 at 21:24 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Test your LUCK!
www.invisiblecastle.com/roller
6 June 2012 at 21:54 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Die roll for Draco Wolfsbane

Campaign: FBAFF …See More
6 June 2012 at 22:23 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The bowl rests upon the page, pressing it down slightly. It does not fall into the hole / picture of a hole.
13 June 2012 at 19:46 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff also your scar is itching terribly. You notice also that the black runes on your fingers are growing like vines up your wrists and fore-arms. Your eyes cannot quite settle them into a defined shape, they appear not to be moving before your eyes so to speak, but they are in different shapes every time you rest your eyes upon them, it is as if they are forming, as yet having undecided what to become. They remind you of the tentacles of octopus you have seen in water-tanks in Kharian restaurants.
13 June 2012 at 19:50 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco looks quickly through the rest of the book for anything that may help him…
13 June 2012 at 23:29 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian:
Erki take swords, strap to back, one on either shoulder. Erki unbolt door. “Erki get Horses from temple. Go after Brantus.”
15 June 2012 at 19:47 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
No sooner do your fingers touch the pages; the dancing runes on your arms, reaching all the way up to your elbows like smoke seen through glass, solidify and take form into static shapes. …See More
16 June 2012 at 19:20 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco puts the book down in Sila’s kit bag and examines the bowl.
17 June 2012 at 21:12 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian

Erki attack undead! Use both swords.
Skill 10 what mods for using two swords?
Erki got no second-weapon special skill.
Run into battle and cut through all zombies!
17 June 2012 at 22:27 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
Second-Weapon Special Skill, p18 Allansia;
gives you two attacks with 2 single-handed weapons.

You don’t have this and as Erki does not have a Sword special skill either, he doesn’t really know what he is doing and once again his attempt at heroism is bigger than his brain and experience is capable of achieving.

I cannot find any specific rules for using 2 weapons at once;
ie; the modifiers lists, so I will treat this combat as follows:
Erki is allowed to make 2 attacks per combat round however both of those attacks are at -2 to your Attack score.

Also, fighting multiple opponents at once means that you have further modifier of -1 per additional opponent.

The other factor I should point out here is that none of them are at all interested in fighting back, so to all extents and purposes Erki can chop into them as much as he enjoys without suffering so much as a blister. However since there is always the chance that your attack scores will roll a Fumble (double-1) then we have to treat this as a fight sequence properly.

There are anything between thirty and eighty skeletons and corpses in this market square, mostly tightly packed together toward the far end trying to cross the bridges, or falling into the ravine.

So: make 10 separate attack score rolls, each at -2
(8+2d6); remember I’m waiving the multiple opponent -1 mod per additional opponent because these undead are not retaliating.
If you roll any double-1’s (fumbles) I’ll explain how Erki’s use of two swords at once when you have no prior sword nor second weapon experience results in a nasty accident.
Bw ha ha ha

www.invisiblecastle.com/roller

@Draco:
The intricate carving on the metal bowl can have been made by no human hand, it is so tiny! The bowl seems to glow with an internal silvery light radiating from its metal. It fits snugly into your hand. The interior is clear as water, the exterior has an unusual design on it with water and air and moon motifs, weaving in and out of each other, with increased and simplifying complexity. It is a sort of knotwork. The apex of this weave is on one side where all of the oscilating, overlapping threads of the inter-weave culminate together as one unified circle, which is an indentation reflective of the interior of the bowl. Also the design is such that light from the lamp in this room refracts from the embossed design onto the items around, rippling like water in a silvery-blue spectral effect.
17 June 2012 at 22:55 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> are you wanting me to roll something?
18 June 2012 at 19:13 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian

NO FUMBLES!!! …See More
19 June 2012 at 15:40 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila Silvercat
rite so i am suposed to take the bone an put it in the slot?
19 June 2012 at 23:16 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff <ooc> @Gordon:
No you don’t have to roll, the link is auto-posted to the bottom of the post, its from Erki’s prompt. …See More
20 June 2012 at 21:26 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian
Erki shout “Aarrgh!” and hack with greater ferocity

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3573937/

10, 10, 12, 12, 13, 13, 14, 14, 15, 19,

score 2 fumbles
20 June 2012 at 23:40 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree (OOC) @Erki/Joy; r u gloryfing in violence by any chance?
21 June 2012 at 00:33 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila black elf rogue:
I shudder when i hold the beautiful sword and listen to what her name is also i dance with her getting used to her balance
21 June 2012 at 00:42 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman (OOC) @Rayche; wallowing in it, not the same as glorifying it.
21 June 2012 at 17:04 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane:Draco feels he is at a loss and curses the Trickster gods!……he breathes deeply and channels his reserve. He knows it is time for action.
He throws his backpack down and empties it out, putting the pendant and tinderbox in his pockets.He then puts the book and bowl in his backpack and kicks Sila’s kit bag under the bed along with his hessian sacks and whetstone. He then secures his grapnel hook at the back window and returns to Sila.
He wants to take Sila to the back window, tie her to the rope and lower her to the ground.
21 June 2012 at 20:16 · Like · 1
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Tying the comatose Sila up is quite an experience. Fortunately she weighs very little. The zombi horde is banging at the barricade you made over the stairs by the time you are done. Unfortunately the entire building is surrounded by them! There is only the bridge across to the other balcony, on the next floor up.
21 June 2012 at 23:26 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Erki:
Your fumbles are that your injured hand cannot grip the sword very well, and it flies off into the middle of the zombi’s. Also you slip over on some gore. The zombi’s that you have been chopping up in a berserk bloodlust are splattered around, you are now covered from head to foot in their blood.
21 June 2012 at 23:30 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Sila:
The sword moves as an extension of your will. It feels to be a part of your own body. It also leads you; your dance takes you toward the crypt gate. Before you know what you are doing, its blade is sliding neatly into the slot. You find yourself turning with it, opening the crypt as if with a key. The spiral patterns on the metal gate twist into a new shape, a geometric grid. The gate swings open, silently.
21 June 2012 at 23:37 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco hears the undead all around the building and, even worse, in the bottom floor of the building!
@ Mutters to himself “Truly the gods have made me their plaything! Damn them to the pit……”
Draco cuts Sila free and carries her up the stairs to the next floor and crooses the bridge.
22 June 2012 at 07:03 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull barbarian
Erki collect sword and fetch Horses, push undead out of way
22 June 2012 at 13:52 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
There are ragged hands clawing their way through the barricade when you return to the lobby….See More
22 June 2012 at 14:29 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree sila silvercat
i dont want to go into the crypt but if thats the way forward – i go back and take the silver bowl because it’s glow is the closest thing i have to a torch then i look for something to jam the gate open with a rock will do nicely
26 June 2012 at 21:00 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: June 22, 2012, 10:56 a.m.

2d6 → [2,5] = (7)
LUCK roll for lobby dash
SUCCESS!!
28 June 2012 at 19:45 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
It is raining outside. You carry Sila and the items you mentioned across a bridge to the next building. Several stories high you can see the hundred or so zombi’s and skeletons that are the remains of the villagers murdered by the Blue Rag Gang as a part of Kai Tigo’s evil ritual.
It is rather frightening that they also appear to be able to see you. Their heads all move as one in your direction, watching you as you make your way across the stepped balconies of the ziggurat buildings of Ridge, back toward the barn where you have left Erki, Mij, Jasmin and the young bandit lad.
You also see that something has happened in the market square, because there is a large pool of gore close to the entrance to the Hospice. You hear braying horses from within it.

@Sila:
You find some small pebbles and wedge them into the gate, hoping they will be enough to hold it. There are some small grave markers that will require more effort to move.
You take the bowl, this time overcoming the nausea feeling. Holding the cold black bone blade seems to fill you with a stillness and confidence. As you move the bowl, you are aware that the vortex of winds above it stays centered on it. Literally you are at the calm at the core of a whirlwind. The tree’s blow as you walk back toward the gate.
Are you ready to descend the crypt yet?
29 June 2012 at 22:55 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco realises this situation is dire….
<ooc> is Draco behind the undead group? could he cross a bridge to ecape them?
29 June 2012 at 23:25 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff <ooc> Draco is on the rooftops of the stepped zigurat buildings that surround the market area, there are various ladders and wooden bridges, there are also stone bridges and steps. Most – not all, of the zigurats are connected so that it is possible to travel between them without setting foot on the ground. It involves vertical as well as horizontal travel because of the balcony steps, no two bridges are in the same place / on the same level from one building to the next. There are also doors and windows and trapdoors in the buildings.

<ic> Draco is above the undead group. While he is looking around for a route, they all in similitude take one lurching step forward toward him. It is rather frightening.
30 June 2012 at 00:07 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco considers what is drawing the undead to him, the book or the bowl or both. He puts Sila down and shouts to his companions to ready some horses. he figures that the undead are not interested in them at the moment.
1 July 2012 at 12:12 · Like
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman Erki Stoneskull, barbarian
Erki soothes Horse tells him calm other horses
dice roll for Skill/Ride/mounted combat skills to soothe Horse and other horses:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3591400/

2 (double 1) is that good or bad?
2 July 2012 at 17:17 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Erki:
For statistic tests, double-1 is superb.
As soon as Horse recognizes you (despite the drying blood that you are caked with from head to foot), he trots obediently toward you, flicking his head back at the two other horses to tell them that everything is safe.
You lead them peacefully outside into the market. The undead are all staring up at the balconies above, where a silhouette that you recognize to be Draco carrying an unconscious form of Sila are making their way toward an alley. Horse seems to know what is happening and leads the others into the alleyway for your companions to drop down onto them.

@Draco:
Erki emerges from the Hospice with three horses, who make their way through the undead horde to the alley below you. You will need to make some skill tests to lower Sila and yourself. Do you wish to pick up the bag containing the book and bowl?
4 July 2012 at 15:08 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco sees the blood soaked Barbarian leading the horses towards him.
@ Himself “What in the Hells has been happening!?…..”
Draco leaves the backpack for the moment to concentrate on lowering Sila down to Erki (For Erki to decide whether to hold her himself or lay her over one of the horses)
4 July 2012 at 19:23 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The undead are at the end of the alley but you should have a few minutes. They are still moving in their slow shuffling unified walk.

Erki reaches up to grab Sila as you lower her down.
success with 7 :
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3596378/
Erki puts Sila over the back of Horse.

You will also need to make a SKILL or other appropriate roll to land either on your feet or on the back of one of the horses.
6 July 2012 at 12:56 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco grabs the bag and drops himself down to horse.
Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: July 6, 2012, 10:09 a.m.

2d6 → [6,1] = (7)

SKILL roll to drop down to horse
SUCCESS!!!
6 July 2012 at 18:09 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Erki also climbs onto Horse. The horses are eager to get away from the undead and so they move away from the central market square, through the alley to a small courtyard with a tree in it, which has two other exists; one leading to the west and one to the north, although by your familiarity with the geography of Ridge, you know that both routes end up on the same ring-road; which leads to the central N/S route. The horses make their way toward this, so they can descend and exit Ridge on toward the North Gate.
Erki halts Horse at the crossroads. To your right (south) is a passage back into the market square, guarded by the Knight of Salem, who has his back toward you and is leaning on his broadsword.
To your left (north) is the road down the hillside, where you can see a few horses, wagons and a pile of dead bandits.
Erki says; “Erki fight knight, Draco rescue Jasmin and Mij from barn.”
6 July 2012 at 19:13 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco eyes his blood encrusted companion…….
@ Erki “No disrespect Barbarian but that foe looks formidable….are you in a condition to take him on?…..”
Draco climbs onto the horse with Sila and leads the other horse to the barn.
6 July 2012 at 19:25 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: You will either have to go through the Knight, or go around him and find another way into the barn. If you cross over the crossroads toward the east, the road curves around to the right and there is another alley; the barn is situated between these two entrances into the courtyard.
Erki shrugs. “Draco wise man. Erki follow.”
6 July 2012 at 19:37 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff In the courtyard, the undead are now facing toward the barn! At the speed at which they have been moving it will be several more minutes before the nearest of them reach its door.
Erki knocks on the door and it is opened by the young ex-bandit.
6 July 2012 at 19:39 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @everyone "Everyone out!! Give the horse to Jas, Mij, your with me. I for one am not dying here today, let’s go!! "
6 July 2012 at 19:45 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
the ex-bandit jumps onto the back of the horse with Jas, and the three horses ride out of the village toward the North Gate.

@EVERYONE:
At the North Gate, the party of Draco the Trapper, Sila the thief, Erki the barbarian, Mij the enchanter, Jasmine the soon-to-be-mum, and Luka the ex-bandit, meets up with:
Ageaff the Assassin, Maloki the Trickster Priest, Ghani the Dwarf Witch, Ti-Tsang the Warrior, Tav Ribus the leperous ex-sailor, the southern desert tribals; Uchapa, Onagu and Nyett; and Marcus of the Salamonis Press.
This group is currently busy hitching horses to wagons full of the wealth of Ridge, and loading weapons and items from the heap of dead bandits.
“Do you think we should bury them?” asks Marcus.
“What happened to you?” Nyett asks Erki.
Eye contacts and brief nods are made by way of introductions.
After a few awkward moments of hesitation where nobody seems to know what to do, it is pretty obvious that the group is looking for direction.
“What happened up there?” Ageaff demands.
“Where is Brantus?” asks Maloki.
“Will somebody accompany me to the Hospice? I would like to cure my illness.” Tav Ribus asks. “I hate to mention this, but it is contagious, fatal, and we stand right now only a short way from a famous curative site. I recommend everybody present to attend the Hospice. Just in case…”
Several members of the party cuss in a variety of languages.
6 July 2012 at 20:11 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Also, it is raining. All of a sudden, the skies open. It is a torrential downpour. Everybody is soaked.
6 July 2012 at 20:16 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @ everyone "Listen!! Ridge is gone,…..finished….and is home now only to the undead, who are still moving with a purpose. You, Tav was it?, your disease wont have time to kill you before the undead do if you try to get to the hospice. feel free to try though…..oh, and stay away from me unless you wish to meet your maker quicker than that.
i for one am leaving this place now and the dead can bury themselves for all i care.
@Marcus “I see a lot of weapons here now….my short sword if you please”
6 July 2012 at 20:21 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Marcus gratefully returns your short sword, grinning. “Thank you, my brother.”Then he asks; “Where is the Storm Priest Brantus?”
Tav Ribus takes a sword from the pile and mounts a horse. “I’m dead either way so I may as well die a hero.” To M…See More
6 July 2012 at 20:26 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Marcus “My thanks. i know not where Brantus went and hoped someone here would know. He was following an injured man who was being carried off by someone unknown. If no one knows i may as well follow the scout and his…..friend.”
6 July 2012 at 20:41 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Everybody:
Now seems a fitting time to ask everyone to make a LUCK test to see if you have caught leprosy from having been hanging out with lepers.

www.invisiblecastle.com/roller
6 July 2012 at 20:43 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> even Draco?
6 July 2012 at 20:48 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff LUCK test for leprosy:
Results for NPCs and absent PCs:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3596842/

Erki 8
Mij 8
Jas 9
Luka 6
Ageaff 8
Maloki 5
Ghani 7
Ti-Tsang 9
Uchapa 11
Onagu 6
Nyett 11
Marcus 3
Parvon Bris 3
Custo Slith 8

(I may very well have forgotten someone who stayed behind on Parvon’s wagon)

NB at this time, not all of the NPCs have full character sheets with statistics, so this is my next task.
6 July 2012 at 20:52 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff <ooc>
Gordon: Yes, even Daco, who spent some time with the lepers in the last 24 hours gametime, there is a chance, by the fates, that his destiny is to catch leprosy. 6 July 2012 at 20:53 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff Nyett announces that she would like to go and see the healing stones because she seeks to learn of their mysteries. She jumps on the back of Tav's horse. Jas cusses. "I cannot take the chance." she says as she holds her belly. She mounts another of the...See More 6 July 2012 at 20:54 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Campaign: FBAFF Rolled on: July 6, 2012, 12:59 p.m. ...See More 6 July 2012 at 21:02 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff Luka grins, seeing himself left alone with the wagons laden with booty, and he also being the only one present (other than Erki) who has also already been healed by the Hospice stones. He waits for everybody else to be half way up the hill before setting off on his own in the horse drawn cart containing the rest of the bandits weapons. 6 July 2012 at 21:06 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod &lt;ooc> if mij and Erki are not diseased then draco wants them to stay out of Ridge with the backpack 6 July 2012 at 21:15 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff Mij & Erki are both heading toward the Hospice. Do you want to call them and explain about the backpack? 6 July 2012 at 21:18 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane:Erki and Mij “Enchanter! wait. You must stay here safely out of Ridge and protect this backpack. it contains the spell book and the bowl…..maybe Brantus knows what to do with it…or i have heard tales of a Wizard Of Darkwood….either way, you hold onto it for me and keep Erki for protection.”
Erki " Willl you defend the small man and keep my bag safe until i, and only i, return for it?" 6 July 2012 at 21:29 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: Erki replies; "Erki no want sickness. Erki go temple." Mij frowns. "The barbarian does have a point, friend. The temple offers all of us a healing, from whatever wounds we carry. I intend to make full use of it, I am certain that no undead can enter such a blessed place." "I'll l, l, look after y y your b bag, sir!" shouts Luka who is busy securing the awning on a horse cart, obviously with full intent of leaving very soon. 6 July 2012 at 21:36 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane:Erki “you have no sickness, you are already healed!”
Growls at Luka "Begone fool! before i take your head and add it to your wagon load of ill gotten gains." 6 July 2012 at 21:41 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: The barbarian explains; "Erki protect Nyett." Luka replies; "Wh wh why l, leave them?" indicating the wagons. He looks up the hill at the departing adventurers. "Th th zombies will eat them!" Then he slumps down looking crestfallen. His breathing is heavy. After a moment he points toward the pile of dead bandits. "That is wh what sh sh, sharing leads to." His eyes meet yours. He seems pleading, hoping that you can understand his thought process and his emotions without judging him. The look explains a lot more than his lose grip of speaking is able. He looks back up the hill; "I h, h, I hope they s s survive!" 6 July 2012 at 22:03 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco draws a weary sigh. @Luka "I am not judging you. the dead need nothing you have and you deserve a life worth living. take it all and start again somewhere safe....raise a family and (Draco stares at Luka) do nothing more that would endanger them or yourself. now, go, with the blessing of the Tricksters." @Erki and Mij "ok, i see this is not done yet and the Gods are not finished with me this day, very well, lets go together. mayhap the stones will wake the elf as well." 6 July 2012 at 22:22 · Like Gamekeeper Fbaff Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco: Luka shouts back over his shoulder as he departs; "T, trapper, th th b bag is c, is c, it be cursed! My mind grows c, calmer as I away!" 6 July 2012 at 22:38 · Like Gordon Macleod Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane:himself “……mayhap it is. The Fates are weaving a Darkness….for us all.”
Draco, on impulse, hoists the backpack up a tree limb using some of his wire. it is safely up a tree, hidden in the foilage. he then rides his horse back to the hospice.
6 July 2012 at 23:05 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff At the main entrance into the market square, the party watch the Knight of Salem dispatching of the undead as they progress toward him. There is a large heap of severed limbs blocking the passage. Horse has led the group around to the left, where the ringroad connects to the alleyway at the side of the Hospice. The undead are leaving it alone; they seem intent on their journey North. Several of them have gotten around the Knight by using the ring-road and are slowly making their way down the track toward the North Gate.

Safely inside the Hospice, everyone takes turns laying on top of the two stone slabs, which have runes carved in them. Using a quill made from a stick of wood with a metal nib and ink from a small glass jar, Marcus draws these runes into his book of blank parchments, making full detailed illustrations of the stones. He is apparently a talented artist. Nyett also examines the stones and traces her fingers over the runes, memorizing them, saying words for the ones she feels affinity for.

Jasmine explains to the group her version of the events here; that her boyfriend Kai has been possessed by an evil spirit, is ill and thus has been taken by a sailor of the Bloodlust, as some of its crew are also a part of the Blue Rag Gang, to the west coast where she is moored. It is likely they travel via the gangs base in the Forest of Thieves. She intends to return to him as soon as possible. She is looking exhausted.

Everybody may restore full STAMINA, LUCK and SKILL points for spending some time recovering on and near the healing stones.

Erki places Sila’s body upon the slab.

@Sila:
You awake. You are in a room full of people. As your senses return you realize that you are in the Hospice at Ridge. You still have the black bone blade, but your satchel is gone.

“She wasn’t holding that a moment ago!” cries Ti-Tsang.
“By the trickster!” from Maloki.
“What witchery is this?” asks Mij.

As you stand, the slab that you were laying on cracks! and falls to the floor. It has split in two!
7 July 2012 at 00:14 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane: Draco’s eyes widen slightly as he sees the stone has awakened Sila. His eyes are drawn to the black blade that appears in her hand…..he steps away from the group and checks on his horse.
7 July 2012 at 07:58 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The Horses have all been brought into the Hospice due to the undead outside. It is quite full! The horse you have selected is a large chestnut mare, wearing a basic worn leather saddle, you chose her because she has a saddle wheras the others d…See More
7 July 2012 at 11:36 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane:Draco straps his short sword, within reach, and two of his torches, behind the saddle, to his horse. Draco wants to ride back immediately to recover his backpack with anyone who is ready now.
7 July 2012 at 16:41 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff It is dusk, light is dimming, it is still raining though not as heavily as before.

All of the party are recovered and are debating what to do next. It seems that ‘finding Brantus who is following Kai’ is the plan for those who still intend to be in the employ of the Storm Priest, who certainly seems to have abandoned his bodyguard at this time; as, observes Maloki, is true to his nature, given his tempestuous role.

The group is split as to whether to head West to the coast or North to the Forest of Thieves.

Jasmin Nightblade has made it clear that she wishes to retrieve some personal belongings from the Forest of Thieves before herself heading to the coast and that there is a 60% chance she will encounter Kai there.

The southern desert nomads, Uchapa, Onagu and Nyett, announce that they have been discussing the great tragedy of one of the two healing stones being destroyed by the black elf’s evil. They also recognize the remaining healing stone to be precious beyond belief, given the curse that has fallen upon their people, their tribal princess laying sick, their well dried up, their people scattered into strange lands to find some remedy. The shamanka explains that the wealth of her people would perhaps seem very strange to those of the northern lands known as the teeming plains. However, if there are any here who would accompany them back south to their homeland, they will be rewarded with everything the tribe can offer.
7 July 2012 at 17:14 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco listens to everyone’s plans and pleas for aid…..and decides in a heart beat.
@Nyett “I am sorry for your people and wish you success in your endevour, but i cannot aid you in this. My path lies elsewhere.Farewell!”
@Jasmine “I will accompany you north to the Forest Of Thieves then west…..to find Brantus and Kai….if you wish me to travel with you.”
@Mij gruffly “I would be…..pleased…..if you would continue our travels together Enchanter, though of course you may do as you wish”
7 July 2012 at 17:29 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Marcus explains that he is blown by the breeze of a certain fate, thus he will continue North into the Forest of Thieves.

Ti-Tsang wishes to avoid such a degenerate place, so he will travel West to the coast in search of Kai Tigo and Brantus of Whaan, should they have gone that way.
“It is two days past half-moon, let us all here meet again at full moon on the Isle of Crabs, regardless what befalls us on our ways. Failing that plan, to meet again at half moon next by the hearth of the Musty Ember Inn at Five Ways Meet. Let us agree to leave message on the notice board there and seek always to make for their folk music night at half moons, hereafter.”

Ageaff points to the West and nods his head in agreement with Ti-Tsang.

Nyett asks Erki to accompany her on the journey South into the desert. The barbarian is spellbound by her charm and agrees that is the best way for him. Then Nyett asks him to load up the remaining healing stone onto a cart so they can return to her people with it and cure their curse.

Maloki decides to try and convert the bandits in the Forest of Thieves to worship the Trickster god Cheelah.

Ghani mumbles that she wishes to stay here in Ridge.

@Draco:

Mij apologizes and explains that it will be best for him to travel West with Ti-Tsang the Warrior and Ageaff the Assassin. He knows people in the villages and is more likely to meet with a friendly response from them and to find out if Brantus or Kai have traveled through that way.
Ti-Tsang grips you by the forearms in a gesture of brotherhood.
7 July 2012 at 17:54 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Mij “I understand. Farewell my friend.”
@Erki “My thanks to you for your help earlier. keep Nyett safe and perhaps we will meet again.”
@others “To you all, may your Gods watch over you.”
Draco makes ready to leave.
7 July 2012 at 18:07 · Like
Rachel Bree
Rachel Bree Sila Silvercat
“where is my stuff?”
8 July 2012 at 14:26 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff Tav Ribus looks torn. “I should love to away to the ocean where I belong. And yet although I cannot say for why, some as say it’s me navigators instinct flowing my blood like a tide; I know I am to travel North, if ye’ll accept my rugged company.”

Yas…See More
8 July 2012 at 17:07 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco leads his horse out and saddles up to leave.
8 July 2012 at 19:41 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco;
The market is awash with blood. It stains the soles of your boots and speckles your ankles as you walk. At the far end, a pile of gore blocks the main (northern) exit. Crows are circling overhead and settling upon it for a feast.
Some of the others follow you out.
Erki grips your arm. “If Draco see brother Jerem, tell him Erki gone to place of big sands, will return.”
9 July 2012 at 13:34 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: @Erki “I will, my friend, you have my word.”
Draco mounts his horse and takes a minute to take in all the carnage that surrounds the hospice. A part of him deep inside cries out that someone must pay for all this innocent death but is subdued by his reasoning that bad things happen all the time. He rides back the way he arrived to collect his backpack.
9 July 2012 at 18:06 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Test your SKILL please
www.invisiblecastle.com/roller
10 July 2012 at 15:48 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: July 10, 2012, 10:01 a.m.
…See More
10 July 2012 at 18:02 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
You see two skeletons leaning up in an alleyway sharing a pipe as you canter past.
10 July 2012 at 21:33 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane:Draco tethers his horse close by and uses his SNEAK skill to get close to the undead and split their skulls with his SWORD skill.
11 July 2012 at 20:05 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane: Campaign: FBAFF
Rolled on: July 11, 2012, 12:07 p.m.
…See More
11 July 2012 at 20:08 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> ok,i’m back! game on! wink emoticon
25 July 2012 at 18:37 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
I took the liberty of making a LUCK roll for you;
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3629720/
10 (success)
Draco’s LUCK score reduced by 1.

Your sword crashes down on the nearest skeletons head, slitting it in half. As you pull your sword back up, the skull comes off with it! The rest of the skeletons body twists unsteadily left and right before colliding with a wall and falling into a heap!

The other skeleton, still holding the pipe in its teeth, raises its open bony hands and shakes them in a gesture of ‘no, wait!’

Its gestures are exaggerated as if it is a mime artist. The skeleton leans forward, tilting on its hips, and pushes its hand toward you, its index finger aloft, palm forward, thumb stuck out at the side, while its other hand returns to its side in a clenched fist ‘wait a moment’.

The spectacle takes you by surprise. The skeleton bends down and flamboyantly sweeps up a char blackened bone from its fallen comrade. Using the soot encrusted rib it scratches a message onto the wall. The skeleton is using a very basic picto-symbolism so it is easy for Draco to read; a smiling mouth with two eyes. The skeleton artfully flips the rib bone aside and taps the center of its rib cage with a chitinous click, then clicks its fingers and points directly at you! If it was wearing flesh you swear it would have winked to complete the gesture. It freezes for a moment and returns to swaying on the spot while grinning at you, like only a skull can.

Your sword weighs heavy in your hand due to it being firmly embedded in a skull.
29 July 2012 at 23:59 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco is taken aback when the second skeleton halts his attack and writes him a message!! He takes a moment to pull the skull free from his sword. Draco then edges around his new ‘friend’ to lower his rucksack to the ground.
7 August 2012 at 18:23 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Behind you the rest of the party are beginning to catch up.
The skeleton removes the long-stemmed clay pipe from its mouth and offers it to you. The bowl is smoldering and smells heavy.
8 August 2012 at 23:36 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco keeps his eye on the skeleton and reclaims the rucksack and wire. He notices the gesture and declines the offer. He then draws his sword and awaits the rest of the party.
9 August 2012 at 06:38 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The rest of the party continue toward the North gate, other than Yas who quips as she passes; “made a new friend, Draco?”
The skeleton stoops down and extravagently grabs a tinderbox and smoking pouch on a cord from around the severed neck of the other, fallen, skeleton. Then it grins at you and makes an ‘after you’ gesture toward the group as they cross the mouth of the alleyway.
9 August 2012 at 16:31 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco wonders that no-one was bothered by an animated skeleton………Draco mounts his horse and follows the group but keeps a wary eye on ‘Bones’…
9 August 2012 at 19:33 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Everyone:

At the bottom of the hill, through the North Gate there are several dead bandits jumping up trying to reach a satchel bag, to no avail. The rest of the bodies remain in a heap where they fell.

There is a very large Crow sitting on the bag like a swing where it hangs from the branch of a tree.

There are two wagons nearby, an open-topped ox-cart is half full of the treasures of Ridge, a horse-drawn cart with an awning is practically empty.

There are a few horses tied to a post, some with saddles, some with saddle-bags.

The road splits in four directions here, although two of them curve around to the East and West Gates, the South road back up the hillside into Ridge, and the North road toward the Forest of Thieves and Blacksand, branches off toward Silverton.
11 August 2012 at 20:49 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> is Draco involved in group from now? also, i have retrieved backpack now.
12 August 2012 at 11:41 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Yes, you are at the rear of the group as it arrives at the North Gate, with Bones striding gracefully behind.
“So what should we do about them?” asks Ti-Tsang.
The undead are pre-occupied with trying to grab Draco’s backpack and appear to pose no immediate threat.

@Sila:
You do not have your kit bag. The black bone blade is reassuring you that you do not need anything else other than it, anyway.
<ooc> as Sila’s player hasn’t been back to resolve this, I’ll NPC her, demanding to know where her kit bag is and looking sullen and dejected as nobody has answered.
“How did I end up on that slab anyway?” asks Sila.
12 August 2012 at 14:32 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> are the undead trying to remove the backpack from Draco or have i not retrieved it yet, i thought i had!
13 August 2012 at 06:21 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff <ooc> you launched it into the tree before returning to the Hospice, and were distracted on your way back down the hill by a smoking skeleton. You have only now arrived, to find the scene as presented.
The undead are not making any grunting noises as they attempt to grab the backpack. Only the sound of their bodies falling over in a heap as they attempt to jump upward.
“Hey look at that big crow sitting on a bag in the tree!” says Maloki.
The crow squarks.
14 August 2012 at 21:24 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco dismounts and tethers his horse. He then draws his sword.
@Group. “I am regaining my rucksack….anyone wish to slay undead with me?…..”
Draco walks towards undead.
14 August 2012 at 21:49 · Like · 1
Joy Freeman
Joy Freeman lol! this is one of those k’ching! moments where every fighter in the party simultaneously draws a weapon and makes mincemeat of the enemy, nary a die to be rolled smile emoticon
14 August 2012 at 21:56 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> too right Joy! Draco will have a ‘Tombstone’ style walk up….if anyone else comes that is!
14 August 2012 at 21:59 · Like · 1
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco wishes to engage the enemy
21 August 2012 at 14:43 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff I forgot to mention this… From the alley between the market area and the sloping road toward the North Gate, there is a stream of red blood flowing in the rain down into a pool in which the zombi bandits are heaped, jumping, falling.
21 August 2012 at 15:15 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
you are welcome to attack the zombies. None of them seem at all interested in fighting back, at this time, so dice rolls are unnecessary. After a moment of poking and slicing, some of the other fighters in the party back off to stare at the scene.
“Whatever is in that bag, they really want it!” Maloki suggests retrieving the bag from the tree to find out.
Jas sits on the edge of the cart and shakes her head when Sila looks in her direction.
21 August 2012 at 15:21 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco steps right up to maloki.
@Maloki “That bag, and its contents, are MINE. I put them there and am taking them back.”
Draco holds out his hand for the bag.
21 August 2012 at 15:30 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
The bag is approx eight feet off the ground, hanging from a branch approx ten feet off the ground. It will require some tree climbing to reach it; shouldn’t be too difficult, will require pushing a few zombi bandits out of the way.
The large crow has not moved.

Most of the party begin saying their goodbyes, since half of them are heading west and half of them north. Fortunately there are enough horses for everyone. The desert nomads and the dwarf witch all stayed in the Hospice although Erki is here to retrieve one of the carts to transport a healing slab to the southerners village. He has chosen the one with some content in the back.
21 August 2012 at 16:37 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod <ooc> the bag was hoisted up with a length of wire and tied off. it need only be lowered, after some bandit shoving.
21 August 2012 at 17:22 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco wolfsbane: Draco moves to untie the wire and lower the bag…..keeping an eye on the crow.
21 August 2012 at 17:23 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff The Crow makes a loud, raspy ‘craw!’ sound and flaps away with surreal slow motion to the North. A moment later a loud flock of regular size crows fly overhead from the north ready to gorge themselves on the carnage available to them in the village. They fall into the background at exactly the same moment Draco lands back on his feet clutching the bag, which now contains both the black tome of Kai Tigo, and a beautiful ornate and evilly enchanted silver bowl.
6 September 2012 at 13:24 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco retrieves his wire and pack and mounts his horse.
@party “Runkle left heading ridge heading North…i will see if i can find their wagon tracks.”
Draco searches a klittle further ahead to try and find the Scouts trail….
6 September 2012 at 17:16 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @Draco:
Amidst horse prints heading in all directions and wagon tracks likewise, regularly and back into time, there are indeed fresh oxcart tracks heading north.
6 September 2012 at 18:39 · Like
Gordon Macleod
Gordon Macleod Draco Wolfsbane: Draco sees the oxen tracks running inbetween wagon ruts. He signals the tracks to the rest of the party and then ranges ahead following the tracks.
6 September 2012 at 18:45 · Like
Gamekeeper Fbaff
Gamekeeper Fbaff @EVERYONE:

Sila Silvercat, Jasmine Nightblade, Marcus of Salamonis Press, Maloki the Trickster priest, Tav Ribus the sailor, and the walking skeleton, each find a suitable horse and accompany Draco toward the North.

Ti-Tsang, Ageaff the Assassin, Mij the Enchanter, each find a suitable horse and travel toward the West.

Ti-Tsang parts by shouting as he rides;
“Remember our pact: full-moon on the Isle of Crabs, half-moon thereafter at the Musty Ember!”

And so it is that this scene ends.

Please will all party members traveling North make their way to SCENE 13 – The Northern Track.

https://www.facebook.com/…/1245452…/doc/421811727839189/

As there are currently no active players for any of the characters traveling in any other direction, I will await further instruction HERE for those characters.
6 September 2012 at 19:13 · Like

SCENE 10 - Sacking Unveiled

Advanced Fighting Fantasy Gamekeeper